Is disabled a new name for fat

went in sheffield town centre and had to duck and weave round mobility scooters coming at me.mobility scooters are really good and must give a new lease of life to the old and disabled.my problem is you see so many being ridden by really fat people who will only get fatter as they are doing less excercise.with society getting fatter what is it going to be like in 20 years.i really do think something needs doing or the pavements will be over run with them.again i have no problems with ill old or disabled but not just cos your fat.whats the rest of you think.am i wrong

Why should fat uns be penalised.I think they should receive food vouchers as they must struggle to feed themselves.You see a lot of fat uns in cars(ESPECIALLY 4X4X4) making life hard for the thin and slim(cyclists).

Is there some reason they shouldn't?

What I said was-

" It's great when you see a pub with 5 or 6 empty mobility scooters outside. Presumably the owners are all inside getting pished :thumbsup: "

I said it's great, as in I like it. How clear do I have to make it?

Did you know that mobility scooters aren't covered under the drunk driving laws?

You think it;s easy for a disabled person to exercise and keep weight off? It's hard enough for those who aren't disabled to keep it off.

Sounds to me like you are attacking large people, which is no different from coming on here and doing the same about a persons skin colour.

:clap: Well, what do you know? You wait forever on here, and then 2 reasoned replies at once.

Would that include veterans who've put on a bit of puppy?

I'm still in touch with a man I served with. Wheelchair bound since 1968.

He's the least self pitying individual anyone could meet and he often makes jokes about himself. At the age of 62 he still manages to work out regularly at his local gym participating in a special fitness program for people with his disability. His upper body strength is even better than mine and he doesn't have a spare ounce of fat on him.

If you were to treat him in a pitying manner it would greatly p**s him off.

To us who know him he's a genuine hero

I'm still in touch with a man I served with. Wheelchair bound since 1968.

He's the least self pitying individual anyone could meet and he often makes jokes about himself. At the age of 62 he still manages to work out regularly at his local gym participating in a special fitness program for people with his disability. His upper body strength is even better than mine and he doesn't have a spare ounce of fat on him.

If you were to treat him in a pitying manner it would greatly p**s him off.

To us who know him he's a genuine hero

hiya at some of the supermarkets and the use of the disabled parking bays the only disablement they have is they cannot read.

Is there some reason they shouldn't?

Several I would think but to post each one would be tedious.If they are drinking excessively they will pose a hazard if driving,and no-one wants to see their existing problems made worse.I imagine that drinking could be injurious to their health in general given their static disposition.

There is one who bombs round Morrisons at Hillsborough;its the only time he hasnt got a fag on.

Archived