First Night Club in Sheffield

Two of my friends were having a discussion as to which was the first night club to open in Sheffield.

One said it was the "Heartbeat" the other said it was the "Penny Farthing". They then come up with the idea that it could have been "The Club Sixty" on Shalesmoor. But I'm not sure that was classed has a night club.Does anyone Know?

yes i remember the heartbeat,think that was early 60s & i should thinkthe lecano was about the same time.i can remember the 1st disco we went to was the greengate up high green.i think the club 60 you mention was more like a coffee shop.:loopy::loopy:

yep.thats the 1.Changed the name a few times,Tiffanys,Alambra i think,then back to Locarno

Can you settle an argument? Which nightclub was 1st.The Cavendish,The Penny Farthing or The Heartbeat. I know The Cavendish opened in May 67, but I seem to remember The Heartbeat being open before that.And if memory serves me,so was The Farthing!

Read this thread.