First Night Club in Sheffield

I'm fairly sure that the Heartbeat & Silver Blades opened in late 1965. I definitely went to the Heartbeat a few times in 1967. The Heartbeat was a disco rather than a night club.

I think the Penny Farthing opened in early 1966 & was originally going to be called the "Discothete".

I'm fairly sure that the Heartbeat & Silver Blades opened in late 1965. I definitely went to the Heartbeat a few times in 1967. The Heartbeat was a disco rather than a night club.

I think the Penny Farthing opened in early 1966 & was originally going to be called the "Discothete".

isnt it just semantics? night clubs are a later term for disco etc, just the terms have changed over the passage of time?

isnt it just semantics? night clubs are a later term for disco etc, just the terms have changed over the passage of time?

Yes, by the standards of 1960s the Heartbeat was a disco & the Cavendish (later Baileys) was a night club. Nowadays they would both be classed as night clubs.

• 1 year later...
Yes, and the Blue Moon, Black Cat, Club 60, Mojo, there was something in S5 (I think) but can't recall the name, I saw Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders there.

That would be St.Christopher's Church hall on Bellhouse Road around spring 1964. They did not only do Sheffield groups there, a few from Liverpool and Manchester I saw.