First Night Club in Sheffield

The Heartbeat was the first major chain Disco in Sheffield. The Mojo was the first independent disco. Don't know were if at all the half moon club falls in but I think it was a Blues club.

It was called the Locarno. I used to go now and again in the mid 60s. It was a pick up joint.

Not much different to the 80's then, when we nicknamed it "the zoo" because the women were animals. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:.......

In the fifties before I was born I was told they had afternoon dancing and it cost a shilling or so to get in.

It was called Vickers and owned by Les Vickers who then sold it to Kevin Johnson and Frankie Jones who changed it to the Locarno.

I think that you mean Kevan Johnson, I wouldn't know Les or Kevan these days, if I bumped into them, however I often see Frankie, he never looks any different. He paid something like £300K for it and sold it for £1.7million.

I think that you mean Kevan Johnson, I wouldn't know Les or Kevan these days, if I bumped into them, however I often see Frankie, he never looks any different. He paid something like £300K for it and sold it for £1.7million.

Not seen Frankie or Billy his brother for quite some time.

Johnson used to be a copper before he got into the nightclub game.

Not seen Frankie or Billy his brother for quite some time.

Johnson used to be a copper before he got into the nightclub game.

He also had The Beeches in Rotherham, I recall that Brendan Elwood was a pal of his, also the Abbey Life guy who committed suicide (was it Howard Stevenson) was often in their circle.

He also had The Beeches in Rotherham, I recall that Brendan Elwood was a pal of his, also the Abbey Life guy who committed suicide (was it Howard Stevenson) was often in their circle.

I knew Howard he was a big Blades fan, I also know a lot of people who lost money because of him and someone who did well out of his insurance due to the fact they never reached a suicide verdict.

There were a lot of thirty bob salads in that crowd posing and living well beyond their means.

The Beeches went bust I had contracts there whern the reciever took over, it worked out quite well because they paid companies on the spot for work done.

Edited by alex3659

I knew Howard he was a big Blades fan, I also know a lot of people who lost money because of him and someone who did well out of his insurance due to the fact they never reached a suicide verdict.

There were a lot of thirty bob salads in that crowd posing and living well beyond their means.

The Beeches went bust I had contracts there whern the reciever took over, it worked out quite well because they paid companies on the spot for work done.

Suicide clauses are illegal after the contract has run for 12 months, the insurers class suicide as a form of depression, and nobody could sign a contract saying that they wouldn't suffer from depression in 12 months time.