First Night Club in Sheffield

would I be right- there was no alcohol on sale - you had to go up stairs into the pub?

That's right we used to go to the 'Zen Den' sounds very 60's but it was actually a small grotty little room in the nearby pub. Does anyone remember the photographer who always seemed to be there on Saturday night, I have forgotten his name but I always thought he was a bit creepy.

Obviously no-ones old enough to remember the Esquire

will always remember it with affection i worked behind the bar , soft drinks only, in the mid sixties.

the bar was upstairs directly opposite the stage unfortunately there was no view but we could hear the artists play, working there got me into the rock blues type music .just wish i could go back in time i was only about fourteen at the time so i cant remember the names of the artists only long john baldry funny name.At the time about 1964 the zombies were in the charts with Shes not there and the DJ played it to death.The management must have turned a blind eye to the bottles of beer secreted in the inside pocket of every combat jacket.In later years the buccaneer bar copied the decor of matt black and paintings on the walls with the odd skeleton hanging about.

Don't remember being a member of the Fiesta, Scamps or Cavendish.

As I recall, it depended on what type of drinks licence the establishment had. Drinking in those days was classed as being just below child molestation on the authorities list of priorities. ;)