First Night Club in Sheffield

Ya youre right crookesey - it was not until the 1964 licenceing act that "nightclubs" took off. Before then the 1921 licencing act was quite draconian and pubs had to close at 10.30 - it was the time when Landlords kept a tight rein on what happened on their establishment.

I remember my first "pub crawl" - I was refused service in 4 pubs and only got a drink in one because my mate managed to get served.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the first real "nightclub" was the penny because you had to be a member to get in, I was one of the original members, they served alcohol,. didn't the Cavendish later become Baileys?,the Mojo was not a club it was a coffee bar.Joe Cocker and I both went to Psalter Lane Art school when we were 11,and still keep in touchThere was a Cvendish at Intake, which was a dance place,later ther was 5Ways at Owler Bar,and Max Omara had his club at Hunters Bar then the Genevieve in sheffield,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
i think the first real nightclub was baileys on bank st.

originally the cavendish.1st group on there was DAVE DEE DOZY BEAKY MICK AND TICH,IN THE LATINO LOUNGE,DANCING only in the GOGO ROOM.good times,im there now!!!!!!