Dark Matter..

I collect Dark Matter every night from the skies with a fishing net. I store it (safely) in little yellow tubes and store it safely in my cryogenics facility.

The efficacy of my work is patently obvious ... the more I collect in the early hours of the morning, the brighter the sky becomes.

I can't be bothered to do it so much in the winter as it gets bloody cold ... hence shorter sunlight hours.

As the weather gets warmer, I get up earlier with the fishing net and catch loads more ... hence more light.

You may be wondering what I do with all the 'Dark Matter' ?

What do you think I started the 'Space Shuttle' programme up for? ... I dump all the dark matter back into outer space! (Collections from black bins only and no garden waste!) :)

(or bottles)

Gravitational lensing believed to be caused by dark matter. Fantastic picture.

Basically it's the mass of the dark matter bending light like a lens.

What a superbly written link! ... presume you wrote it?

Thanks for saying 'Basically' what the whole thing's about ... It's great to get comments from leading scientists who know everything. I bow to you. :rolleyes:

Most of the universe (96%) is made up of something we can't see, hear, touch or detect with any instrument we have. We have no idea what this 'stuff' is, but we call it dark energy and dark matter.

And we only realised this a few years ago.

We probably understand 1% of the universe at best. I have always been interested in the big bang but that question will never be answered in my lifetime.

The closest science has come at the moment it to explain it as the universe continually expanding then constricting over and over.

We have to concede that some questions will never be answered....

WHAT went bang? ;)

Archived