Really good food

Ingabiri

I visited Rafters last weekend after reading reviews praising it.

I found it 'ok'.....for this type of restaurant I expected much more and was left slightly disappointed.

To start we had canapes which were gorgeous little homemade salmon muffins served with 2 pieces of undercooked very bland sushi. Why they served this sushi I do not know as the rice wasn't cooked at all and was hard, my homemade sushi is way better! If they had left it off I would've been pleased with the canapes but this got me wondering what else I wouldn't be impressed with.

Next onto starters which I had salmon and it was delicious but the menu stated 'salmon, garlic and lemon'...no taste of garlic or lemon.

Mains were very good.

Dessert was terrible, I had Mille Fuille and it was similar to an attempt by Asda. Poor as!!

Nice place, friendly staff but I doubt I will go back. Perhaps these few problems are why they miss out on the Michelin Stars as they are noway near.

Next on my list is Fischers!!

The Walnut Club (either on eccleshall road or in hathersage) is very good food close to michelin quality.

23 in west-one is good continental cuisine done well.

I have a soft sport for the fox house, even if it is gastro-pub. Get a room there, install yourself in the fire-side comfy chairs and eat and drink all day!

Silversmiths down near Hallam Uni.

Wasabi Sabi in Sheffield on London Road is the best resturant i've ever been.

Its Teppanyaki too so its a really good experience.

Really is quite amazing, me and my boyfriend went there for an anniversary.

Cant recommend it enough!

I've lived away for a few years but I didn't think the Walnut club on ecclesall road was open anymore.....morans on dore road is a bit of a strange location (next to a bike shop) but the food and service has been excellent everytime we've been there. Would think the bar and grill in leopold square is the best suited place for an anniversary meal as it's got a great atmosphere (particularly when the piano player is there) and the food is excellent. Haven't been to Marco at Milanos for a few years but when we went we were really disappointed with the whole experience....guessing it has probably changed since then judging by the recommendations above.

My husband and I are going to be staying in Sheffield city centre (or maybe Stannington) for our first wedding anniversary because of work commitments. We had fabulous - not far off michelin starred - food on our honeymoon, and would like to go somewhere really special on our anniversary.

Any recommendations? We don't mind what style of food it is, as long as it's really good - with good service too. I used to work in the hotel industry, and the service doesn't have to be fancy, but bad service drives me nuts.

Did you have a nice anniversary meal Ingabiri?

(Generally it's good manners, when 16 people take the time out to answer your question, to say thanks or at least respond in some way... ;))

The Walnut Club (either on eccleshall road or in hathersage) is very good food close to michelin quality.

23 in west-one is good continental cuisine done well.

I have a soft sport for the fox house, even if it is gastro-pub. Get a room there, install yourself in the fire-side comfy chairs and eat and drink all day!

Silversmiths down near Hallam Uni.

Catchup mate! The Walnut Club closed months ago.

Archived