Toyota Air bag problem

hi guys,

i have a toyota avensis mpv 7 seater 53 plate 2.0 d4d. The airbag warning light comes on and goes off randomly. It is very random and sometimes might not come on for days.

I'm suspicious that some sort of wire/sensor is loose and was wondering if anyone can help me with this issue.

thanks

thanks alchresearch and mrsmozzy.

I think your right in saying that there is some sort of loose connector or wire as i have noticed that when i have a passenger at the back, the airbag light tends to come on more often.

I had a look under the back of the driver's seat, but either I'm blind or this wire doesn't exist. Anyway, i've taken 3 photos from the back of driver's seat (left/centre/right) and hope you can show me where you think it'll be:-

LEFT: 2wozvhv.jpg

CENTRE: 1zwjapy.jpg

RIGHT: w9xvl0.jpg

Thanks Again

Have you tried looking right underneath so you can see the actual seat base spring mesh? Sometimes the wires are clipped to it so that you wouldn't see from the angle you took those photos.is

The only way to know what's causing the warning lamp for definite is to have it scanned by Toyota-compatible equipment (not an OBD scanner).

You might get advice from a Toyota owners forum.

Archived