At least 1400 skilled jobs lost thanks to government

He never had me in shreds so your recollection is clearly wrong. My father was also not a miner or certainly wouldnt be in your estimations. Different union he was in you see.

To be honest it's difficuilt to believe a word you say. Sorry.

As I already said before he was a sparky and not in the NUM. I'm sorry you find that difficult but with your repeated stream of lies and misrepresentations I know who I'd beleive on here if I was reading this thread.

We on this forum don't know all the in's n out's of this contract but clearly the Siemens bid for the contract must have been better than the one from Bombardier.

The real question must be why Bombardier didn't win the contact.

But from the sounds of some people on this forum, we should have just given the job to Bombardier, regardless.

We on this forum don't know all the in's n out's of this contract but clearly the Siemens bid for the contract must have been better than the one from Bombardier.

The real question must be why Bombardier didn't win the contact.

But from the sounds of some people on this forum, we should have just given the job to Bombardier, regardless.

Better for whom?

Philip Hammond got a very easy ride on last nights Newsnight.

Jeremy Paxman asked 2 very searching questions along the lines of "German trains built in Germany, French trains built in France" ...............and.........."why can our government not secure British jobs for British workers, unlike the french?" for which the minister realistically did not have an answer for. The minister was let off the hook, and I wonder why?

Philip Hammond did go into looking at "procurement procedures for the future" however its a bit late as it is unlikely that a train will ever be built in the UK again.

With the regards the procurement procedures and the bidding processes, I do think the government need to get its act together, otherwise there will be no industry left in the UK for us to bid for.

I am dissapointed with this conservative government, I did believe they would offer more than New Labour - 14 months into power and I see polititiians that are very similar to New Labour.

Archived