Old Corporation - when did it shut?

Just been having a conversation about the old Corporation club down near Argos way....

I am thinking it shut in about 2002 or so??? But my friend says it must have been well before that. Can anyone settle this for me??

I still love the fact when you Google Corporation you still see a comment that it includes a skate ramp and free Playstation bars....ahhh those were the days.

I *think* it was about Easter 2001 - because Planet Zogg started in the Otherside bar at Corpoartion in Sept 2000 & ran monthly & we were going to do a May Bank Holiday special - but Corporation closed at Bank St - so we did it at the Arches instead (where we stayed until that closed in Nov 2003 - though it did stagger on for a few more months).

If my memory serves me well - Copr used the Arches during the summer of 2001 while the old Courtroom was being sorted out - but that fell through and they then moved to what had been the Unit, and where they still are.

So gutted I never got to go to the old corporation. I just missed it really. I've been going since 2003 now.

The nights have changed as the market's moved along (you can't blame corp for that, they are a business after all!) Corps an "alternative" club now, not a rock club. Saturday nights downstairs are the only nights worth it for me now. I've been a Monday kid, a Friday kid, and now I'm a Saturday bloke haha! Monday's and Fridays are too loaded with annoying kids now!

I'd recommend the first Saturday of the month if you're into your rock music! The other Saturdays are still good but upstairs is dubstep for some bizarre reason... Still a good laugh though, and tends to have a much much better vibe than Monday's and Friday's now!

Thanks for the replies.....

Time has flown, and I feel old.

Not half - i remember the old corperation when it was Cairo Jax, and prior to that Romeo and Juliets, over the years i've done them all.

Not really settled on a club these days - still do Casba occasionally, DQ, but mainly stay in the bars till late

Archived