Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

And how many people on here are posting on Sky Broadband or watching Sky TV? :(

John X

I don't think you're going to get many cancelling their accounts.

Get on the case folks, News International are going to go into MELTDOWN!! Yippee!!

I doubt it. Nice thought but I doubt it.

Tomorrow's Sun front page is a story about IVF and a picture of Victoria Beckham.

There's a suprise.

What surprises me is that it seems a lot are surprised and outraged by the actions of NoTW. Ironically it's no more surprising than a man murdering children as a news story.

Hacking the phones of, for example, serving defence ministers - or hacking phones of surgeons and doctors?

Yes I do think this is morally worse - though I am making the distinction between nauseatingly vile and ****ty behaviour and obscenely vile and ****ty behaviour...

What surprises me is that it seems a lot are surprised and outraged by the actions of NoTW. Ironically it's no more surprising than a man murdering children as a news story.

Or indeed stealing photos of murdered children when 'interviewing' the parents.

What is different about this case is that it potentially hampered the investigation into Millie Dowler's death.

So you have a situation where a paper that has made its name shouting "Name the Paedos!", may have actively helped a child murderer evade justice.

John X

Or indeed stealing photos of murdered children when 'interviewing' the parents.

What is different about this case is that it potentially hampered the investigation into Millie Dowler's death.

So you have a situation where a paper that has made its name shouting "Name the Paedos!", may have actively helped a child murderer evade justice.

John X

Agreed but I'm not surprised at their cynicism, but surprised at the public outrage while propping up Media corp with their monthly subscriptions.

Archived