Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

If people could hack your google account with as much ease as this - you'd be rightly peed off at google.

If google provided a default password, and you didn't change it, and the default was known, why would you be peed off at google? As that's (basically) how most of these "hacks" occurred (idiots not changing default passwords, almost as stupid as using the same username/password combo for multiple logins).

You're making it up.

You should consider a job with News of the Screws. I think you'd fit right in.

Berk.

You suggested earlier that mobile phone companies were responsible and then went on about a broken lock. Both detract from the fact that someone, whether secured by default password or not, hacked a persons phone. It's entirely the fault of the person committing the action. To mention the mobile phone companies is taking the blame away from the culprit.

Jesus wept indeed.

If google provided a default password, and you didn't change it, and the default was known, why would you be peed off at google? As that's (basically) how most of these "hacks" occurred (idiots not changing default passwords, almost as stupid as using the same username/password combo for multiple logins).

If a shop was accidentally left open would you steal from it? Doing that would be morally wrong. And legally wrong too. Same with phones. It's no defense that the phone was left 'open'. It can't in any way detract from the seriousness of what was done. Especially not when a phone that was hacked belonged to a murdered child - one of your 'idiots' I guess :rant:

And where are the phone companies in all of this?

If people could hack your google account with as much ease as this - you'd be rightly peed off at google.

Is that not suggesting that in the same way "you'd be peed off at Google" people should also be peed off at the mobile phone companies? I believe you meant that.

Clear the matter up if you don't want us to misunderstand you. Where should the mobile companies be in all of this?

Is that not suggesting that in the same way "you'd be peed off at Google" people should also be peed off at the mobile phone companies? I believe you meant that.

Clear the matter up if you don't want us to misunderstand you. Where should the mobile companies be in all of this?

If you think that's me suggesting "that mobile phone companies were responsible", then I can't help you - you're destined for a career in gutter journalism.

"Where are the mobile phone companies in all of this? "

That was my question.

Any comment from them so far?

If you think that's me suggesting "that mobile phone companies were responsible", then I can't help you - you're destined for a career in gutter journalism.

"Where are the mobile phone companies in all of this? "

That was my question.

Any comment from them so far?

Why should there be any comment from them? Should window companies be involved in every burglary case where someone has entered via a window? The default setting for all windows is glass, not really safe is it?

Archived