Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

Sara Payne wrote a piece in the final isue of the NoW, including

"The NoW and more importantly the people there became my very good and trusted friends. And like all good friends they have stuck with me through good and bad."

When she went into the office to do the piece, some of the staff were shocked, (she had a major stroke 18 months ago, walks with a stick and is very frail, physically and mentally ). They tried to persuade her to go straight back home because she was too ill to be there. She insisted on staying though because "Rebekah phoned me and told me to come in. She said she was calling in her favour".

With friends like these...

(Sigh) Sometimes sarcasm's wasted, isn't it?

Yes, especially on the forum, where, without the cues of tone of voice and facial expression it can be very easy to misread. Particularly when the person attempting to use it is not sufficiently well known for their usual style to be a further clue as to the intention.

That was sooooo thoughtful of Rebekah to give Sara a mobile phone. A true act of solidarity & friendship.

Truly, are there any depths to which the Brooks creature would not stoop?

I'm a bit slow, wasn;t this known weeks ago that her phone was hacked ? wasn't that what started all of this ? or am i thinking of someone else who's daughter was murdered

Sara Payne is the mother of a murdered child, and may have had her phone hacked by Murdoch's minions. She's a different person to Milly Dowler, the murder victim who did have her phone hacked by Murdoch's minions - which is the story that broke a few weeks ago.

Sara Payne is the mother of a murdered child, and may have had her phone hacked by Murdoch's minions. She's a different person to Milly Dowler, the murder victim who did have her phone hacked by Murdoch's minions - which is the story that broke a few weeks ago.

Thanks Phan, now I get it, I remember the name Dowler now, thanks

Archived