Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

The Guardian are reporting that the phone that was targeted was one that was given to Sara Payne by.............Rebekah Brooks.

That just adds insult to injury, you can just imagine Brooks with her arm round Mrs Payne, patting her hand and saying comforting things about wanting to help the family out by giving her the phone when all the time Brooks is thinking "this will be make it so much easier to access her messages".

Sickening.

That just adds insult to injury, you can just imagine Brooks with her arm round Mrs Payne, patting her hand and saying comforting things about wanting to help the family out by giving her the phone when all the time Brooks is thinking "this will be make it so much easier to access her messages".

Sickening.

To be fair to Rebekah Wade, the Sarah Payne 'campaign' was just another tabloid story for the News of the World so I don't see how this revelation is any worse than anything else they have done. :(

John X

To be fair to Rebekah Wade, the Sarah Payne 'campaign' was just another tabloid story for the News of the World so I don't see how this revelation is any worse than anything else they have done. :(

John X

This is definitely a new low.

To understand just how low - pg 9 Private Eye. 22 July-4 August

Anyways, the really funny thing about all this is NoW staff were hacking Brooks' phone when she was editing the Sun. She is the ultimate person living in a glass house and throwing stones like it was going out of fashion. There just won't be enough popcorn in the shops for when they take her down.

John X

In principle it's not as bad as the Milly Dowler stuff (no interfering with a police investigation involve here).

However the callously calculated, personal betrayal of a grieving mother who thought she had a friend in Brooks is just revolting to contemplate.

Yes, I don't think "inconceivable" does Rebekah Brooks any favours. Hardly a clear denial.

Aside from being a transparent way to try and throw doubt upon the accusation without actually denying it, 'inconceivable' is a laughable choice of words as it is all too easy to 'conceive' of her doing exactly that.

Archived