Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

Sadly, their sales figures will barely register a blip I suspect.

The real way to express your anger is to boycot News International, like the people of Merseyside did to the Sun after their coverage of Hillsborough. Don't buy the Sun or the Times or the News of the World. Cancel your Sky subscriptions.

Boycot companies who continue to advertise in News International's papers too.

How sick can you get? Hacking into the voicemail of celebrities is bad enough, but jepodising a police investigation into a missing child?

If you buy Murdoch papers, this was done in your name.

Makes the decision by Cameron to appoint former News of the Screws editor Andy Coulson as communications chief look more bizarre by the day.

How can anyone associated with that newspaper not be tainted?

Haven't this poor family been through enough? How low can newspapers stoop?Only as low as the NOW.

I know - I can't stand the NOTW, it's sanctimony and prurience makes my flesh crawl. It likes to see itself as championing the cause of victims of crime and in particular, it likes to ally itself to the parents of murdered children (such as their 'Sarah's Law' campaign).

How fitting that the NOTW should hire private investigators who employ methods that end up prolonging the agony of Millie's parents.

Makes the decision by Cameron to appoint former News of the Screws editor Andy Coulson as communications chief look more bizarre by the day.

How can anyone associated with that newspaper not be tainted?

More bizarre, is how Jeremy Hunt has cleared the way for Murdoch to complete the take over of BSkyB:loopy:.

Alternative view: why should everyone associated with that newspaper be tainted?

First, let's wait to see who dunnit.

Considering that the current CeO of News International was the editor of the NoTW at the time, I'd consider them all to be the same.

Er, no. The Secretary of State is governed by the statutory requirements. He has only limited discretion.

Jeremy Hunt and David Cameron could refuse Murdoch's BSkyB deal until there's a full Competition Commission review and a full public inquiry into phone hacking.

His take over could be passed on to the monopolies & mergers committee for further scrutiny.

Archived