Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/05/phone-hacking-soham-families-police

Looks like the parents of poor Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman may also have been targeted. Just when you think it can't get worse..

Not for me to say, I can't even imagine how these two little girls parents are feeling. However, if it had been my child I know that I would wish that it's legacy would be far more than the incarceration of Ian Huntley.

The sooner the gutter press are treat like the dirt that they are the better. A few greedy MP's appear to be far more worthy of punishment than the scum of the earth. I really hope that they have something to answer for in respect of, and to, Holly, Jessica and their parents.

latest from C4 news- NoW spies tracking a murder detective, when one or more of them were suspects!! awesome, you couldn't make it up (more cliches etc etc) and THE MONEY SHOT, the beautiful flame haired rebekah, aged 51 (or whatever) is known to have sanctioned it.

the met knew for years, covered it up and didn't even tell the poor rozzer being tracked.

This isn't journalism, it's organized crime.

We say 'ON YER BIKE REBEKAH' (AND ANY NORMAL PERSON SPELLS IT 'REBECCA')

DON'T BUY THIS CRAP!!!!!

Yes, if the facts so admit. Frankly, neither you nor I can say if they do!

Oh, and the Monopolies & Mergers Commission has been long-since replaced by the Competition Commission.

well done jeffrey, a fine, pompous, stuffed shirt response - the crucial fact is the name of the commission, not the callous, corrupt behaviour of news international or the police who are in their pockets and on their payroll.

This is the kind of stuff we hear about in Russia, it's mega rich, mafiosa behaviour and perhaps, just for once, the truth is about to come tumbling out.

top marks channel 4 news

Chief Executive of News International, Rebekah Wade is leading the investigation into NOTW phone hacking under editorship of Rebekah Wade. Wade thinks the majority of people in this country are like NOTW readers, We're not all schmucks you idiot.

Chief Executive of News International, Rebekah Wade is leading the investigation into NOTW phone hacking under editorship of Rebekah Wade. Wade thinks the majority of people in this country are like NOTW readers, We're not all schmucks you idiot.

As a society, we get the press we deserve. If we don't want what they provide, then it is up to us to not buy it. Unfortunately it would seem that a lot of us like what the NotW, Sun etc have to offer.

The victim and her family were treat with absolutely no respect. Forgive me for asking, but would the Crown Prosecution Service be happier if the murderer was released with an amount of compensation that would keep him in the lap of luxury for the rest of their life, and the victims family were given life sentences?

It's more a matter of asking the News Of The Screws that question given their actions.

It does look like Rebekah Brooks has got friends in high places,not only is she said to be close to Cameron,but to Blair as well.

Why is that not a surprise. This isn't a time to be scoring political points and hopefully that won't happen. Let's not forget the powerful support New Labour enjoyed from NI. Seems like both main parties could be in it up to their grubby necks with Murdochs horrible grubby empire. I'm seriously pee'd off with all of them.

As a society, we get the press we deserve. If we don't want what they provide, then it is up to us to not buy it. Unfortunately it would seem that a lot of us like what the NotW, Sun etc have to offer.

Anybody who is likely to make a stand against behaviour like this wouldn't read the NOTW anyway. To get the readers back they'll just print another "SENSATIONAL WORLD EXCLUSIVE" regarding some footballer screwing another footballer or a paedophile. Either way the dirty rag will still be on tables on Sunday morning.

Sadly so but I think this will be a step too far for many readers and I think there will be a lot of copies of the News of the World to be collected from the shops and pulped on Monday morning.

My view is that anyone who buys this paper, knowing what we now know, is not much better than the "journalists" who thought it would be ok to hack into a murdered girl's voicemail.

Please don't buy this paper.

Archived