Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

Anybody who is likely to make a stand against behaviour like this wouldn't read the NOTW anyway. To get the readers back they'll just print another "SENSATIONAL WORLD EXCLUSIVE" regarding some footballer screwing another footballer or a paedophile. Either way the dirty rag will still be on tables on Sunday morning.

There's always these petitions to sign if you want to make a stand against phone hacking scumbags.

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/murdoch-deal-petition#petition

http://www.avaaz.org/en/murdoch_messages_2/?cl=1144722366&v=9510

latest from C4 news- NoW spies tracking a murder detective, when one or more of them were suspects!! awesome, you couldn't make it up (more cliches etc etc) and THE MONEY SHOT, the beautiful flame haired rebekah, aged 51 (or whatever) is known to have sanctioned it.

the met knew for years, covered it up and didn't even tell the poor rozzer being tracked.

This isn't journalism, it's organized crime.

We say 'ON YER BIKE REBEKAH' (AND ANY NORMAL PERSON SPELLS IT 'REBECCA')

DON'T BUY THIS CRAP!!!!!

If you want to ditch Sky go here and take a look.

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/

unplug your Sky box, plug in the freesat box. A straight swap, no subscription and no Murdoch in your living room

Chief Executive of News International, Rebekah Wade is leading the investigation into NOTW phone hacking under editorship of Rebekah Wade. Wade thinks the majority of people in this country are like NOTW readers, We're not all schmucks you idiot.

now behave, the lovely rebekah can be trusted to make a full and complete investigation of herself, even as we speak she is hacking her own mobile phone in an attempt to uncover the truth. Bless.

what the hell will will the NoW print now? if they go with any expose everyone will ask 'how do you know that' and link it to the vile abuse of milly dowler's and the soham girls' families -

I'd love to be a fly on the dirty digger's office wall or the stone that rebekah wade's hiding under

As a society, we get the press we deserve. If we don't want what they provide, then it is up to us to not buy it. Unfortunately it would seem that a lot of us like what the NotW, Sun etc have to offer.

Lowest (really, really low) common denominator publishing. Henry Mencken said no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public and I'm afraid that no rag is ever likely to go broke underestimating the prurience of the English public :(

Sadly so but I think this will be a step too far for many readers and I think there will be a lot of copies of the News of the World to be collected from the shops and pulped on Monday morning.

My view is that anyone who buys this paper, knowing what we now know, is not much better than the "journalists" who thought it would be ok to hack into a murdered girl's voicemail.

Please don't buy this paper.

I hope you are right, but fear you are wrong. Most people wont care, and some might even be attracted to the NotW on the basis that it is actually good at finding out secrets and is prepared to go the extra mile to get the most salacious stories.

I never read the NotW or the Sun, but occasionally read the Times. I'll not bother in future. There are other newspapers available - although I don't know how squeaky clean they are.

There are other newspapers available - although I don't know how squeaky clean they are.

That's the real worry, and I bet a few other editors and publishers will be having a few sleepless nights. As we start shaking the tree, who knows what else is going to fall out?

Do you think this campaign to boycott Sun advertisers will work? Ford have withdrawn their advertising and t-mobile and nPower are considering doing the same. The question is, have Ford done it because they are shocked and disgusted, or because it's got them better publicity than a few ads in this week's News of the World ever could?

I hope you are right, but fear you are wrong. Most people wont care, and some might even be attracted to the NotW on the basis that it is actually good at finding out secrets and is prepared to go the extra mile to get the most salacious stories.

I never read the NotW or the Sun, but occasionally read the Times. I'll not bother in future. There are other newspapers available - although I don't know how squeaky clean they are.

I disagree, I guess they are in deep do-do over this, in the short term at least ,they are tainted by negative association with paedophilic murders that made us all feel sick, that's why Ford have pulled their ads - no one cares about Giggsy being outed as a randy pervert, he's a rich grown up, but this is the Soham families and milly dowler's grieving family who are suffering again days after the trial of the subhuman who killed her for fun. I can't really think of a worse PR situation and I'd crack a bottle open if rebekah shot herself in the mouth. They are scum.

I disagree, I guess they are in deep do-do over this, in the short term at least ,they are tainted by negative association with paedophilic murders that made us all feel sick, that's why Ford have pulled their ads - no one cares about Giggsy being outed as a randy pervert, he's a rich grown up, but this is the Soham families and milly dowler's grieving family who are suffering again days after the trial of the subhuman who killed her for fun. I can't really think of a worse PR situation and I'd crack a bottle open if rebekah shot herself in the mouth. They are scum.

I thought it was Twitter that did more then owt else to "out" Ryan Giggs. Thing is, not everyone can afford to chuck money at protecting their privacy the way Ryan Giggs did.

I thought it was Twitter that did more then owt else to "out" Ryan Giggs. Thing is, not everyone can afford to chuck money at protecting their privacy the way Ryan Giggs did.

exactly mate, but the injunctions were against papers (especially murdoch's can't see 'ryan giggs shagged his sister in law' on the front page of the guardian or the indie) - murdoch's right wing arse papers are happy to print lies about poor benefit claimants who can't fight back, but perhaps, just perhaps, they are out of the game for the time being at least.

I wouldn't even wipe my arse with the sun or the NoW.

My view is that anyone who buys this paper, knowing what we now know, is not much better than the "journalists" who thought it would be ok to hack into a murdered girl's voicemail.

Please don't buy this paper.

Most people who buy this paper don't have an original political thought in their head and I doubt would relate the two things.

John X

Archived