Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World

Would you boycott News of the World?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott News of the World?

• Yes, its sunk to new levels of nastiness.
    • No, i like reading comics.
    • I never bought the rag in the first place.
    • I used to buy it, but have grown up and purchase broad sheets now.

I have to admit that I think that hacking the phone of a missing young girl and deleting voice mail messages giving false hope to the family that she was still alive is morally rather worse than hacking the voice mail of some random schleb. Likening the readers to cunning, amoral wretches is not correct - sad prurient sheep maybe. Of course likening these muck rakers to cunning, amoral wretches is an insult to cunning, amoral wretches.

12 months? I would say that's optimistic - business as usual on 12 weeks or less after some paying off and a new distracting "scandal".

Hacking the phones of, for example, serving defence ministers - or hacking phones of surgeons and doctors?

It's not that I don't understand the outrage erupting at the moment, but I'm also a little fearful that it will eclipse the bigger picture because murder victim news sells newspapers whereas badly behaved journalists don't tend to feature heavily on the front pages, for some reason.

This is viral. I have contacted many companies advertising in NOTW via their Twitter accounts. I will not buy a single product from any company that advertises with them.

Keep it going! Mega viral! This is going to be ACE!! :D

0207 782 1001

Direct line to the News of the World news desk if you'd like to make your views known!

John X

If it's busy when you call, is there the option to leave a voicemail? :huh:

Seriously I don't think calling them shouting abuse down the phone is going to do any good whatsoever. Those people answering the phones are unlikely to have had anything to do with the hacking.

Seriously I don't think calling them shouting abuse down the phone is going to do any good whatsoever.

Then don't do it! :roll:

And the people who answer the news desk phones are journalists. And whether they had anything to do with the hacking is irrelevant. If they are still 'manning' the news desk at that paper tonight, then they are very much guilty by association.

John X

Archived