Scrap men should be stopped stealing

• 2 weeks later...

Woodseats people watch out for P3(rest of plate omitted due to forum rules)V white open back with black sides. They've just been on my drive, smashing up a fridge freezer left out for the council to collect.

Never even knocked the door, the cheeky so n sos! They wouldn't take the whole thing, so told em to do one! Which they did, very reluctantly.

Is it groundhog day again?.

It’s fair enough to say is it Groundhog Day again, but I think it's about time that the police actually took some positive action.

Let's be honest, how difficult could it be to catch these thieves in action - I'm sure the police receive enough 'real-time' reports of scrapmen activity.

Surely it must be easy enough for the police to mark some items and then see if they get stolen whilst in wait - they could then make enquiries with the neighbouring houses to see if permission had been granted to remove their belongings.

I believe the police monitor this forum - how about some positive action rather than the usual rubbish about following up on enquiries?

Surely it must be easy enough for the police to mark some items and then see if they get stolen whilst in wait - they could then make enquiries with the neighbouring houses to see if permission had been granted to remove their belongings.

So what you're saying is the police should spend time and resources catching people stealing scrap when they could be fighting drug-related or violent crime. And how long would you give your little stake-out? A day? Two days? More? Sheffield is a big place so you might need a few traps, multiplying the time and resources spent a few times just to catch people taking something which the owners no longer want when instead crimes that are a lot more serious could be tackled. And then you admit that the people putting the scrap out might not even mind that scrapmen take it. The idiocy of some people on here is amazing.

Woodseats people watch out for P3(rest of plate omitted due to forum rules)V white open back with black sides. They've just been on my drive, smashing up a fridge freezer left out for the council to collect.

Never even knocked the door, the cheeky so n sos! They wouldn't take the whole thing, so told em to do one! Which they did, very reluctantly.

all you must do is report this as a theft to the police, they are obliged to take action and record it. give them the reg number and description, eventually these people will go away.

otherwise it will just continue day in day out.

If you are looking for them go to the local gypsie sites its likely to be them.

Archived