Scrap men should be stopped stealing

Why does everyone else manage to get their unwanted, and even wanted items, nicked within minutes? Why do I get the scrappie with the hammer who wants to smash the items up on my premises, leave a load of mess and only take the bits he wants. I'd have given him a tenner to take them! tsk! it's so annoying! :)

ETA: Came home yesterday and the fridgefreezer was gone! Only the small fridge to go now ... :)

DISCLAIMER: My desire to have these items taken with/out consent does not imply any approval of climbing over walls, going through gates, locked or not, taking garden furniture/ornaments or anything else.

Just to add to this there's currently 3 men in the stannington area. 1 older and 2 youngish in a white van. I caught them climbing into my neighbours garden. When I confronted them they said they were looking for scrap..... Obviously the scrap isn't available if its behind a locked garden gate?!? Residents please beware!!

I've just (12,24) seen two men with a scrap lorry blue, numberplate starting NVO (rest noted) steal a lilac girl's bicycle briefly left outside a house in Sharrow. You know who you are, and so will the police.

smthings goin off on flower estate lead andgutters being stolen only started since undesirables moved in on marigold

You know it's them for a fact do you Linda - or do you jsut not like the look of them?

the scrapmen will have an orgasism when the bronze statues are put outside at meadowhall, they will all be measuring it up and planing how many men with cutters it will take to chop it into carrying size pieces. it will be like time and motion. if thieves can carry off one of those hugh works of art that weighed tons this will be a piece of cake especially if they are watching the workmen move it to get some ideas. think again managers

I wish scrap men would come to my house, I have to pay to have it taken away, If I left it outside it would be there forever, even the scrap metal yards charge to pick it up if you can;t take it in youself.

Archived