STATIC should I be worried?

I used to get this a lot when working in hotels....synthetic carpets, synthetic uniform, keys etc. Shocks off the room door handles, light switches. I always made sure I used a fabric conditioner when laundering my blouses and last thing before going off onto the floors was a drop of conditioner on my hands and smoothed over my tights....don't know how but it seemed to work for me. Not quite sure how that would fit in with the OP's car situation but just wanted to say it's not unusual.

Oh yes, it's worse when your skin is dry (as in dehydrated, not having been dried by a towel).

BTW Ghozer, the bowl of warm water won't do you any good. Go and find a really good bland moisturiser that you can slap all over, or buy some baby oil to use on wet skin when you've showered or bathed, and that should help.

can't use Moisturiser.. i'm allergic :( and baby oil has been tried, but makes things worse believe it or not...

can't use Moisturiser.. i'm allergic :( and baby oil has been tried, but makes things worse believe it or not...

You won't be allergic to moisturiser, it will be one of the ingredients, so if you were to change to, for instance Aveeno cream, which is based on colloidal oats rather than any sort of petrochemicals, or to Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter, which contains only olive oil, vanilla and chamomile, then it's extremely unlikely that you would be allergic to those too.

There are also prescribable moisturisers and skin emollients, like Diprobase, Cetraben and the like, which are fragrance free and are very low in things which could cause allergies.

To the OP, yes you should be worried, very worried indeed. Best thing to do is run to the hills as quickly as possible. Better yet, jump in the car, you'll get there even quicker. Either that or wear a hat made from tinfoil 24/7.

Static lecky is the curse of modern living or something.

No need to thank me, I'm only to happy to help someone who has started such a rivetting and meaningful thread.

Archived