Boy Electrocuted

I can appreciate that sentiment - i know several who feel the same way. They don't wish anyone to die but have no sympathy. I still question whether the lack of sentiment is simply because it was an illegal activity - hence my question about illegality.

I'm sure they wouldn't feel the same about knock off Nigel getting killed crossing the street after flogging his dvd's. They'd blame the driver of the car.

The death in your example would be unrelated to the (victimless) crime in your example though.

Unlike the death in question which was caused directly by his criminal behaviour.

I can see why people feel little sympathy for the boy. It's not like sympathy helps dead people anyway.

The death in your example would be unrelated to the (victimless) crime in your example though.

Unlike the death in question which was caused directly by his criminal behaviour.

I can see why people feel little sympathy for the boy. It's not like sympathy helps dead people anyway.

But why should his criminal behaviour remove any feelings of sympathy?

That's all. I agree he was being naughty and suffered the consequences of ignoring the signs, the potential criminality surely is a redundant consideration.

After all according to the Mirror it's only alleged criminality.

the scrap game is big business...a turn over in the millions....why do you think the lads are at it seven days a week....because thanks to the chinese its top dollar at present...

Is this what you call not being in it for the money?

there is still the market out there...at present its top dollar....do you really think the scrap firms are going to turn it away[/color]...nicked scrap and legit scrap...it all goes into the same melting pot....just one less scrapman to collect it...so more for the rest...

So this is not you but the others?

[the scrap game is big business...a turn over in the millions....why do you think the lads are at it seven days a week....because thanks to the chinese its top dollar at present...

Is this what you call not being in it for the money?

thats not me...i haven't got time to go chasing after it....i'm talking about the lads who do it for a living.....its just a bonus to us....better to weigh it in than take it to landfil.....got some nice cookers and washers to get rid of tomorrow...better they get re-cycled than wasted....anyway back on subject...the boy knew what he was doing....if he'd have done it our way...he'd still be breathing...honesty is the best policy...

So this is not you but the others?

there is some cowboys out there...we don't need to follow their lead....we are law abiding citizens.....all our scrap is nice scrap.....hate it when it gets contaminated with all the naughty scrap...at the scrap yard...feel like taking it home....still blame the chinese though for all this trouble....if they had stuck to the rice production.....there would be far fewer people chasing the scrap...

there is some cowboys out there...we don't need to follow their lead....we are law abiding citizens.....all our scrap is nice scrap.....hate it when it gets contaminated with all the naughty scrap...at the scrap yard...feel like taking it home....still blame the chinese though for all this trouble....if they had stuck to the rice production.....there would be far fewer people chasing the scrap...

Fair enough then but if they're weren't people willing to buy stolen goods then the thieves would stop nicking it and there'd be a 16 year old boy at home with his parents this evening

Fair enough then but if they're weren't people willing to buy stolen goods then the thieves would stop nicking it and there'd be a 16 year old boy at home with his parents this evening

there is a bit of difference from the scrapmen...who accept the scrap in good faith.....and the fagins of this world who take in the knock off.....one such bloke accepted stolen items...and ended up having the whole contents of his home consficated....left him with nothing....now that would certainly put an end to the handling senario....

the boy knew what he was doing...won't be doing it no more...he knew that he could have passed it off as legit....if he knew the right people

Archived