Boy Electrocuted

You can't win on here, if someone fecks up a power line by nicking the cable causing a power outage, train delays etc people call for their head and say they should have been killed doing so, when it happens the pc brigade come out in force.

Someone is burgled whilst home and we scream for laws to defend ourselves.

I pity the lad and his family but you can't have it both ways.

This forum is so hypocritical sometimes.

Another Darwin award nominee. ?

You can't win on here, if someone fecks up a power line by nicking the cable causing a power outage, train delays etc people call for their head and say they should have been killed doing so, when it happens the pc brigade come out in force.

Someone is burgled whilst home and we scream for laws to defend ourselves.

I pity the lad and his family but you can't have it both ways.

This forum is so hypocritical sometimes.

Another Darwin award nominee. ?

Exactly.

The way some people come to the defence of thieves who injure themselves lately is rather surprising. I very much doubt those sort of people will be holding the ladder for a thief if he happened to be stealing lead tiles off their roof in the hope to avoid the thief getting injured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post

Why ?, did they ask him to go and nick the copper. I dont think so.

Why do you think he was nicking it?

I will ask again did they ask him to go and nick the copper, the answer would be NO they did'nt, he took it upon himself to take it, and sadly he paid the price,

My father in law was building a wall around his property as he was sick of people climbing the low wall already there to burgle his shed, he finished the wall and placed the toppers as night fell, before the mortar set some scroat tried to climb over to once again take his possessions, they ended up falling costing them a broken arm, thankfully the compo claim by the local scroat was rejected, the supposed football he was retrieving wasn't even in his garden and god only knows why someone alone at 3am was playing football.

Commonsense prevailed, for once.

I've no time for thieving scum, slate me all you like.

Well this was the second time my power went off the month last and it was for the same reason. Although this time the tea-leaf died.

You would think that they'd learn that when they put big "Danger of DEATH" signs up then you would actually think they do mean it - but again someone doenst think they mean it and they go in with a hacksaw that actually attracts the current...

Sorry for him? Of course - no one should die. Resgined to the fact it'll happen again -sadly yes. They don't learn and copper is a tempting target. It's about time that scrappies started to have to record sales or at least ask for ID and look for repeat people with small bits of copper. If trading standards enforced it with the same zest they do for underage baccy selling it might work.

Motivation money obviously or he just fancied a trip round a power station but had he gone on to sell the copper to someone I very much doubt they would instantly know it was stolen.

Probably not. I just took some sawn off copper busbars down to be weighed in for scrap (I have customers that *still* chuck this stuff out and are happy to give it to me even when I tell them the price). My scrappy will know it's me and will give me good price - but I could be just some tealeaf walking in off the street with a few kilos of copper bar crudely hacksawed off....

Awaits usual parade of callous, cold hearted haters saying ' Good, that'll teach him to thieve' etc.

I feel sorry for his family.

You have a very low opinion of people. Perhaps you should spend less time on SF?

Archived