Boy Electrocuted

Sorry... blooming typed words don't always convey the right meaning.

I was asking about his motivation for nicking it. And making a point that those who buy obviously stolen copper are complicit in the crime and any injuries or deaths that result from them.

You cant say that because its not true.

The copper sellers have nothing to do with where people get the stuff from, same with scrap metasl of any kind. People steal it then sell it to unsuspecting buyers.

This is one of the reasons i closed down my second hand shop some years ago.

Back tothe main strory though and i do feel sorry for the boys family and also the boy too. It must have been a horrible way to go. I just hope it was very quick.

You cant say that because its not true.

The copper sellers have nothing to do with where people get the stuff from, same with scrap metasl of any kind. People steal it then sell it to unsuspecting buyers.

This is one of the reasons i closed down my second hand shop some years ago.

Back tothe main strory though and i do feel sorry for the boys family and also the boy too. It must have been a horrible way to go. I just hope it was very quick.

I think you're extremely naive if you believe that. Sure, buyers can be fleeced sometimes - but they're not stupid. Sixteen year old kids coming in with nicked industrial high voltage lines? That wouldn't look suspicious would it...

I think you're extremely naive if you believe that. Sure, buyers can be fleeced sometimes - but they're not stupid. Sixteen year old kids coming in with nicked industrial high voltage lines? That wouldn't look suspicious would it...

My money would be on the 16 year lod boy biong the patsy. The one who would take most of the risk and steal the stuff then someone else would have taken it to the dealer to weigh in. Thats how it used to work, maybe things have changed recently.

Motivation money obviously or he just fancied a trip round a power station but had he gone on to sell the copper to someone I very much doubt they would instantly know it was stolen.

Do you seriously think there is no-one that would buy stolen goods? The very reason anybody nicks anything is that they know there are so many people without principles who will buy anything no questions asked. Me, I prefer to sleep easy at night:D:D

Don't people learn anymore from others failing or nearly dying in attempting to repeat something.

This guy was lucky to survive and he had even warned others not to try it- that it was not worth it. Ironically it was also at a Leeds station.

The older I get, the more I realise this statement just isn't true...

Me too Karis. The more I travel around in the course of my daily routine the more I despair for future generations. The lunatics have taken over the asylum:help::help:

Archived