Boy Electrocuted

Which opens up the huge debate on illegality. Do people wish everyone who does something illegal death by electrocution.

If so i'm going nowhere near a plug socket for the rest of the week at least.

I don't think that's the case..I think it's more "live by the sword,die by the sword"...if he wasn't doing what he did he wouldn't have been killed..not sure people wanted him dead they just don't have much sympathy for him..there is a difference..

I don't think that's the case..I think it's more "live by the sword,die by the sword"...if he wasn't doing what he did he wouldn't have been killed..not sure people wanted him dead they just don't have much sympathy for him..there is a difference..

I can appreciate that sentiment - i know several who feel the same way. They don't wish anyone to die but have no sympathy. I still question whether the lack of sentiment is simply because it was an illegal activity - hence my question about illegality.

I'm sure they wouldn't feel the same about knock off Nigel getting killed crossing the street after flogging his dvd's. They'd blame the driver of the car.

I can appreciate that sentiment - i know several who feel the same way. They don't wish anyone to die but have no sympathy. I still question whether the lack of sentiment is simply because it was an illegal activity - hence my question about illegality.

I'm sure they wouldn't feel the same about knock off Nigel getting killed crossing the street after flogging his dvd's. They'd blame the driver of the car.

That's not same and you know it unless he was standing in middle of road selling DVD'S. Getting knocked down would depend on whether the driver or the pedestrian was at fault, if Nigel had stepped out from behind a van without looking it would have been his own fault:roll:

I feel sorry for his family.

I feel sorry for them being related to a blithering idiot thief.

I was right though.

So was the post by OOmpa that you quoted:|.

Come on its a human life.

Not any more.

I wonder how many who do feel that way think that Formula 1 drivers and moto gp riders deserve to die.

Why should they? F1/moto gp participants don't steal the car/bike.

Both people are carrying out actions which have serious potential repercussions i.e dangerous.

Though only one is performing a criminal act.

No one has doubted that. I simply questioned the morality of people wishing him dead - just because he was carrying out a dangerous activity. .

I think you're confusing lack of sympathy with "wishing death on someone".:|

Which opens up the huge debate on illegality. Do people wish everyone who does something illegal death by electrocution.

If so i'm going nowhere near a plug socket for the rest of the week at least.

You like using emotives, don't you:rolleyes:.

I feel a distinct lack of sympathy due to the large yellow signs warning of the consequences of being stupid. The illegality doesn't really come into it.

Do you realise you're not only condoning theft but also saying it's ok to be a receiver. South Yorkshire Police watch this site. :nono::nono:

are you for real.....do you really think the syp....have time to check every scrap van that touts for scrap in sheffield...and the yards have time to check every load.....get in the real world....

the scrap game is big business...a turn over in the millions....why do you think the lads are at it seven days a week....because thanks to the chinese its top dollar at present...

I feel a distinct lack of sympathy due to the large yellow signs warning of the consequences of being stupid. The illegality doesn't really come into it.

Thats exactly how it should be in my opinion.

are you for real.....do you really think the syp....have time to check every scrap van that touts for scrap in sheffield...and the yards have time to check every load.....get in the real world....

the scrap game is big business...a turn over in the millions....why do you think the lads are at it seven days a week....because thanks to the chinese its top dollar at present...

I said they watch this site and you have come on condoning receiving stolen goods and put your details on as well, they won't have any difficulty finding out who you are:roll:

I said they watch this site and you have come on condoning receiving stolen goods and put your phone number on as well, they won't have any difficulty finding out who you are:roll:

where do i actually state that i condone recieving stolen goods...its you who are blaming the scrap yards....when you take the scrap in...they just check to see what you have got...not where it has come from....all our scrap is legit....people actually pay us to dispose of it...its called re-cycling....i don't do it for the money...i just want to protect the envioroment....makes me feel better.....

where do i actually state that i condone recieving stolen goods...its you who are blaming the scrap yards....when you take the scrap in...they just check to see what you have got...not where it has come from....all our scrap is legit....people actually pay us to dispose of it...its called re-cycling....i don't do it for the money...i just want to protect the envioroment....makes me feel better.....

Posts 43 and 50:D

Archived