Has Obama's election fuelled the rise of far right groups & terrorists?

I didn't claim to be able to remember it word for word! :D

I'm a little confused that someone who posts on many 'political' threads doesn't seem to know the difference between the terms left and right wing.

John X

But you expect me to recall what you posted???

I like most people see them as labels for people like you to then pigeon hole.

In this case you made a claim that Labour weren't actually left wing but right wing with no actual regard for the people who actually read the Sun newspaper and who are influenced by it.

Perhaps you'd like to explain to the people who read the Sun why the paper changed parties and why the parties feel fit to fight over the readership?

In simple terms it's down to money and power and yet you think I dodn't understand the difference between right or left. Well based on my opinions there is no difference and so that is why I support the BNP because mainstream politics is like voting for the same nonesense but the logo changes.

think he was doing the same thing the right wingers do on here when islamic hate groups are mentioned...........ALL muslims apparently should denounce their actions

How is that different from you tarring every BNP supporter with the same brush?

We're all racists, We're all Nazis. We're all holocaust deniers....

I like most people see them as labels for people like you to then pigeon hole.

Labels they may be, but they do have real and useful meanings in the real world. Accusing someone of being right-wing when they espouse a right-wing political philosophy is not pigeon-holing them but correctly identifying their politics and therefore their alliances. The same applies to the left.

In this case you made a claim that Labour weren't actually left wing but right wing with no actual regard for the people who actually read the Sun newspaper and who are influenced by it.

Perhaps you'd like to explain to the people who read the Sun why the paper changed parties and why the parties feel fit to fight over the readership?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. I explained earlier (or maybe on a different thread) Labour's shift to the right to gain the support of the right-wing tabloids.

Well based on my opinions there is no difference and so that is why I support the BNP because mainstream politics is like voting for the same nonesense but the logo changes.

But there is a difference and it is a nonsense to try and put yourself outside or 'above' the accepted political system of definitions. The English Democrats claim to be 'neither left nor right' wing, but even a quick glance at what they believe in defines them as clearly right-wing. The same quick look at what the BNP believes in defines them as clearly on the extreme right of British politics.

You saying that they are not does not make it true. It just exposes a weakness in your political understanding.

We're all racists, We're all Nazis. We're all holocaust deniers....

I'm saying nothing! ;-)

John X

Labels they may be, but they do have real and useful meanings in the real world. Accusing someone of being right-wing when they espouse a right-wing political philosophy is not pigeon-holing them but correctly identifying their politics and therefore their alliances. The same applies to the left.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. I explained earlier (or maybe on a different thread) Labour's shift to the right to gain the support of the right-wing tabloids.

But there is a difference and it is a nonsense to try and put yourself outside or 'above' the accepted political system of definitions. The English Democrats claim to be 'neither left nor right' wing, but even a quick glance at what they believe in defines them as clearly right-wing. The same quick look at what the BNP believes in defines them as clearly on the extreme right of British politics.

You saying that they are not does not make it true. It just exposes a weakness in your political understanding.

I'm saying nothing! ;-)

John X

You are absolutely missing the point, the Sun newspaper switched from conservative to labour to conservative for one simple reason, because it can sway the vote and there's money and power involved.

There is no difference, ideologies don't come into it only a fool believes that.

There is no difference, ideologies don't come into it only a fool believes that.

I agree.

Economically Labour and the Conservatives are free-market capitalist parties. That doesn't mean that on social and cultural issues they can't differ greatly although Labour is always constrained by having to act in a free-market which limits them on matters such as taxation and public spending.

John X

Archived