Public Sector Pay

Just done a weeks work 55 hours in 5 days for £380 Gross. Don't talk about public sector and pensions. This is the first work I have done in 4 weeks. I'm not allright jack.

if you have suitable qualifications for a role and can present yourself well at an interview, there is no reason why you cant at some point join the public sector, they are recruiting still. no one is stopping anyone improving their own situation. my sister works extremely hard in the public sector and often does 40-50hrs and earns about the same as you just did. The lowest rate of pay there is £12-15k gross pa for a full years work, so you are technically better off than lots of public sector employees who work very hard.

if you have suitable qualifications for a role and can present yourself well at an interview, there is no reason why you cant at some point join the public sector, they are recruiting still. no one is stopping anyone improving their own situation. my sister works extremely hard in the public sector and often does 40-50hrs and earns about the same as you just did. The lowest rate of pay there is £12-15k gross pa for a full years work, so you are technically better off than lots of public sector employees who work very hard.

If you gem up on the equal ops, then you also have a better chance.

Try to think of a situation whereby you have had to deal with people cracking an offensive joke, that sort of thing always goes down well at Job Interviews in the Public Sector.

I should know, I made up a situation along these line and landed myself with a job. I did do a pretty good interview, however showing that I had stood up to racists cracking jokes (which of course never happened) will earn brownie points

once the construction industry picks up (as it will at some future point) many of the tradesmen will jump ship and leave the public sector for the better wages,thats how it works, always has done. public sector plumbers and electricians have been paid a supplement for years to match the private sector pay rates as they couldnt recruit good tradesmen. that extra lump is now being removed to drop their wages by £3k or more pa, a sign of the times.

cant quite work out why someone earning almost 20k pa in the private sector is moaning above, they are better off than millions of public sector employees.

If you gem up on the equal ops, then you also have a better chance.

Try to think of a situation whereby you have had to deal with people cracking an offensive joke, that sort of thing always goes down well at Job Interviews in the Public Sector.

I should know, I made up a situation along these line and landed myself with a job. I did do a pretty good interview, however showing that I had stood up to racists cracking jokes (which of course never happened) will earn brownie points

If it were true, that would be cynical in the extreme. But given that it's you recounting the story, I will treat as a wind up.

The argument about public sector pay and pensions is a smoke screen to detract from the real issue which was caused by the financial sector - all our tax money is still sitting in those banks that we helped and now they are making profit. They should be made to start paying it back. We all deserve fair pay and conditions. Just like the people who avoid paying high rate taxes - they could be put billions into our economy - but they get away with it because of money and power. Instead the government and power brokers set us against each other to make sure we don't question the status quo.

The argument about public sector pay and pensions is a smoke screen to detract from the real issue which was caused by the financial sector - all our tax money is still sitting in those banks that we helped and now they are making profit. They should be made to start paying it back. We all deserve fair pay and conditions. Just like the people who avoid paying high rate taxes - they could be put billions into our economy - but they get away with it because of money and power. Instead the government and power brokers set us against each other to make sure we don't question the status quo.
dont talk sense on here :hihi:

The problem is that the bank's share prices are still very low, we need the sale of the shares owned by us to be sufficient to pay off the budget deficit.

then dont forget 6 months on half pay. i asked for a foi from the council in august last year wanting to know how much it payed out in sickness payments for the years 2008-2009 guess what im still waiting. council eh :hihi:

I heard that the person who was due to provide that information is off sick.

Archived