Public Sector Pay

Remind me again, which party bailed out the banks? Was it the Labour party?

And yet people still believe they represent the interests of normal working-class people. Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to vote.

And for the nth time, what would have happened if they hadn't? What would your beloved Tory bullys had done if they were in government back in 2008? And whose fault is the banking collapse anyway?

if you have suitable qualifications for a role and can present yourself well at an interview, there is no reason why you cant at some point join the public sector, they are recruiting still. no one is stopping anyone improving their own situation. my sister works extremely hard in the public sector and often does 40-50hrs and earns about the same as you just did. The lowest rate of pay there is £12-15k gross pa for a full years work, so you are technically better off than lots of public sector employees who work very hard.

I am a qualified Architectural technician HNC. I used to work on school extension projects £300,000 to £20,000,000 as a draughtsman and site supervisor. I now fit kitchens and bathroom to an exact standard. I have a son starting his A levels with the prospect of his fees being more than my earnings. At 45 its not a good place to be. I have now sick pay holiday pay or desent pension. So being patronised by your good self is not pleasant.

I helped build the new schools teachers enjoy, I made it my career to make then the best they could be for our children and teachers, so As I have just worked for a teacher for a week for a poor wage is telling me that I need to follow their lead and screw everyone else.

once the construction industry picks up (as it will at some future point) many of the tradesmen will jump ship and leave the public sector for the better wages,thats how it works, always has done. public sector plumbers and electricians have been paid a supplement for years to match the private sector pay rates as they couldnt recruit good tradesmen. that extra lump is now being removed to drop their wages by £3k or more pa, a sign of the times.

cant quite work out why someone earning almost 20k pa in the private sector is moaning above, they are better off than millions of public sector employees.

You are wrong and your comment distorts the reality 20K pro rata?. I think you refer to my £380 for a weeks work. I havent worked every week so won't earn anything like that.

What do your sons fees have to do with you? He will be the one paying them back, and only then if he gets a well-paid job.

And for the nth time, what would have happened if they hadn't? What would your beloved Tory bullys had done if they were in government back in 2008? And whose fault is the banking collapse anyway?

It's a moot point because they weren't in power, and you can't isolate one thing and say "what if" without taking into account plenty of other factors that would be different.

I don't consider the Tories to be "bullies". Labour were the ones that were bullying people and trying to take control of everything.

The banking collapse is the fault of anyone who buys things they can't afford with money they don't really have.

What do your sons fees have to do with you? He will be the one paying them back, and only then if he gets a well-paid job.

It's a moot point because they weren't in power, and you can't isolate one thing and say "what if" without taking into account plenty of other factors that would be different.

I don't consider the Tories to be "bullies". Labour were the ones that were bullying people and trying to take control of everything.

The banking collapse is the fault of anyone who buys things they can't afford with money they don't really have.

But it would be different if it was the other way around wouldn't it? You don't think the tories are bullies? I don't know how old you are but you are coming across are terribly naive, if not deliberately obtuse.

Things they can't afford yes, but money they don't have, no.

And ultimately it's the fault of the banks as they're the ones supposed to decide whether to lend you the money or not, they're the expert, not the person asking if they can borrow X.

You are wrong and your comment distorts the reality 20K pro rata?. I think you refer to my £380 for a weeks work. I havent worked every week so won't earn anything like that.

apologies, misread your post as £380 per week for 55 hrs, my mistake.

on that basis you have a right to a good old moan about pay!

I am a qualified Architectural technician HNC. I used to work on school extension projects £300,000 to £20,000,000 as a draughtsman and site supervisor. I now fit kitchens and bathroom to an exact standard. I have a son starting his A levels with the prospect of his fees being more than my earnings. At 45 its not a good place to be. I have now sick pay holiday pay or desent pension. So being patronised by your good self is not pleasant.

I helped build the new schools teachers enjoy, I made it my career to make then the best they could be for our children and teachers, so As I have just worked for a teacher for a week for a poor wage is telling me that I need to follow their lead and screw everyone else.

if you have a HNC and experience then in time you will no doubt pick up a better paying job if you keep applying and going for them, your in a better position than lots of people with no quals. Not quite sure what all your post was supposed to mean though to be honest, wasnt clear.

Archived