Public Sector Pay

This sour grapes (or politics of envy) mentality from the privateers makes me laugh - they get paid more than me, boo hoo, then get a public sector job!

Rather than beefing and insiting the others are brought down to your wage slave level. why not go on strike and get a better pay deal?

Jeez, divide and conquer!

This sour grapes (or politics of envy) mentality from the privateers makes me laugh - they get paid more than me, boo hoo, then get a public sector job!

Rather than beefing and insiting the others are brought down to your wage slave level. why not go on strike and get a better pay deal?

Jeez, divide and conquer!

No,the discussion is that for ages those in the public sector have been arguing that it's right that their pensions are higher than the private sector because the pay is lower..this report shows the opposite..

The higher the pensions the better. Whats your problem? feel hard done too? Should have made the right choices a while ago no?

I had assumed that it was the right of the worker to get the best employment deal he/she can, often I have heard it said, when people complain of poor working conditions, get a better job. So how come this doesn't apply now?

No,the discussion is that for ages those in the public sector have been arguing that it's right that their pensions are higher than the private sector because the pay is lower..this report shows the opposite..

No it doesn't. It says certain public sector workers earn more than certain private sector workers. You can pick points from the report to support both sides of the argument.

Like this one -

"The average private sector worker with a degree or similar qualification was paid 5.7 per cent better than their equivalent in the public sector"

There, that is a quote from the report.

Should I now start a thread stating "FACT!!! - private sector workers earn more than public sector!"?

The higher the pensions the better. Whats your problem? feel hard done too? Should have made the right choices a while ago no?

I had assumed that it was the right of the worker to get the best employment deal he/she can, often I have heard it said, when people complain of poor working conditions, get a better job. So how come this doesn't apply now?

because in this case we are all the employer and all paying for these pensions, and we can't afford it any longer... It's not envy, it's business.

Much has been imposed on teachers and schools by various governments. Teachers have argued long and hard against many of them only to be villified in the press.

Maybe we should have gone on strike....?

yes strike until they remove the bad kids from class...they would soon get moved on...

"It's not envy, it's business. "

Though it was business for the individual to better their life prospects too? So who's in the right?

How you gonna excercise your executive powers?

Everyday i can see real life examples, and I am sure you can too, of unfair business practices, practices that may well have already been tested in court. I don't see you getting warmed up about these?

Archived