Good And Bad Ebay.

So guys this thread is based on another thread i saw and i wondered what good and bad expierences have people had on ebay?

My best expierence i think was i bought some brand new republic jeans, which were in like new condition for £8 when they arrived i wore them and found £20 in my back pocket so i was happy about that?

Some of my worst expierences include i used to buy job lots of items, clothes, phones, etc break them down and sell them seperately so i stumbled acrpss a job lot of armani jackets 7 in total for £150 it was advertised as wholesale clearance due to new stock in warehouse blah blah blah so i bought them and what a shock i got when they arrived they were like the rain coats you buy for a £1 in seaside shops with a little armani badge sewed onto the inside of it.

I recently sold a fridge on the ad i stated that it isnt in like new condition it does have bumps, scrapes, dints etc and this should be accounted for when buying so it went for £32 when the buyer came to collect she said oh yes its just what were looking for ill just go and get my OH to come and get it in the car then she knocked on my window a while later and said oh sorry i havent fetched enough money its £32 isnt it not £22 so ill just nip to the bank and come back at this point i obviously realised that they wasnt coming back so i did say look if its not right just tell me now and was assured it was a slight error needless to say they didnt come back.

I also sold a small LCD tv as spares or repairs i did mention that it needed a powercable and because of this i couldnt check if there were any more remaining faults so it went for £10 buyer came to collect took it away then next day i recieved an email requesting a full refund but he keep the tv as its not what its advertised it when i asked whats wrong he explained it doesnt play region 4 dvds which i answered i never said it did you knew what you were buying at this point he tried to bribe me and said if i half-refund him he will give me good feedback needless to say i declined.

I sold an old mini fridge that i got for £19.99. Started it at £5 sold it £24 odd plus p&p. Not bad! :D

Then I sold a pair of dog clippers started at 99p, they were of no use to me sold for £33

Posted them, then got a email from buyer saying they were no good for her dog as they didnt cut its hair short enough and were faulty. I had tested them and they were fine.

I said they were as described but would try and sort something out with her.

Next thing i knew she had left me neg feedback and opened a case.

Ebay found in her favour saying that they were faulty so had to be refunded.

They came back to me in aterrible state covered in long black dog hair, half of the covers i sent it with were missing and it was returned in a plastic bag. I had sent it in its box wrapped in bubble wrap and then wrapped in parcel paper.

:(

I contacted ebay regarding the state it was returned in and it was in fact still working. Ebay reversed their decision immediately. I dont know how the woman have the nerve to send it back in such a state, I wouldnt have dared.

My worst experience was a couple of years ago, I sold a collection of WWF wrestling VHS videos, sent the items via standard first class post to the buyer, the buyer never recieved them! :rant::loopy:

Nowadays I always use recorded delivery and pass the cost onto the buyer, but in this case, rather than get bad feedback for non-delivery (which wasn't my fault) I had to refund the £25 the buyer had paid me for the videos!

Also, a few years back I bought what I thought was a printed player's guide to a game, turned out the seller was selling a text file I could've printed out for free! Paid him £2.50 for the item and he never sent it, so I gave him negative feedback, and he proceeded to insult me and insinuate I was illiterate! :rant::loopy:

I have had a couple of successful sales on eBay though, I recently sold Mortal Kombat on Xbox 360, played once, for £25! And I've also sold a few other bits successfully.

After buying over 200 items I've just had my first bad one.

Won Need For Speed Shift for £8 plus £1.50 p&p, it never arrived. First the seller said she had flu and would post asap, still didn't turn up, she won't answer emails so opened a case.

She offered a refund which I still haven't received, that was due on Monday.

Best one was two car doors to replace damaged ones, exact same colour as the damaged doors, with glass, electric window motors, same interior trim, £50.

Best one was a brand new with tags radley purse for 99p the seller hadn't listed it correctly so was a bargain for me.

Worst was a pair of ugg boots which arrived and were obviously fake poor ones at that, was a nightmare trying to get a refund through ebay as the seller made out she couldnt refund as paypal wouldnt let her. Another was some more boots which i paid for and then received an email from ebay saying the seller had been banned although luckily i did receive my boots.

Its rare I sell on there anymore due to people complaining about the postage costs which they can see before they bid and are the actual cost of postage as I weigh items before listing them so the postage is always right unlike some who charge way over the odds.

Worst one i ever got was some ladies undies,they arrived ok but had obviously been worn dispite the lady who modelled them assuring me in her listing that to conform with Ebay rules a brand new pair would be sent.I mean what am i supposed to do with a worn red velvet thong in size small ?

• 1 month later...

I currently have an issue with an item I bought just over 3 weeks ago. It hasn't arrived, and the user claims it was returned to sender because nobody was in; however I was in all week working from home and nobody knocked at the door or left a card to say it was delivered elsewhere. The seller told me he would post it again.

That was 2 weeks ago. I twice asked the user to provide proof of postage or a tracking number but he has ignored me; I have since opened a case against the user but so far he has chosen to ignore this too.

Ebay say they will allow me to contact customer support on September 4th if the case is still unresolved, but they are not clear on whether this will lead to me getting a refund.

Where do I stand here?

Bought a Manchester United item from a car boot for £1.50 sold to a fan in Norway for £300..I was a little happy

Bought a fishing rod (cane) from a auction for £6 started it on ebay at 99p bloke emailed me and offered £170 for it..I had to really sit and think about that.

Had a couple of things gone missing and had to refund but reimbursed by Royal Mail so very little harm done.

I currently have an issue with an item I bought just over 3 weeks ago. It hasn't arrived, and the user claims it was returned to sender because nobody was in; however I was in all week working from home and nobody knocked at the door or left a card to say it was delivered elsewhere. The seller told me he would post it again.

That was 2 weeks ago. I twice asked the user to provide proof of postage or a tracking number but he has ignored me; I have since opened a case against the user but so far he has chosen to ignore this too.

Ebay say they will allow me to contact customer support on September 4th if the case is still unresolved, but they are not clear on whether this will lead to me getting a refund.

Where do I stand here?

You need to open a paypal dispute if thats how you paid, as you will automatically get a refund if the seller doesnt respond.

I never go through the ebay dispute for items not received as they are just not interested were as paypal are.

I sold a print server for £50 a while back. I had only just unplugged from network so known working.

Buyer returned it for refund with a power supply that no longer worked (might have been the server, who knows).

Archived