Good And Bad Ebay.

You need to open a paypal dispute if thats how you paid, as you will automatically get a refund if the seller doesnt respond.

I never go through the ebay dispute for items not received as they are just not interested were as paypal are.

Ahh right, wish I'd done that first; Paypal wont allow me to open a case with them while the Ebay case is open, and I can't close the Ebay case as it will mark it as 'resolved'.

I sold a print server for £50 a while back. I had only just unplugged from network so known working.

Buyer returned it for refund with a power supply that no longer worked (might have been the server, who knows).

Age-old eBay trick.

It's a PITA but you should always record (and document with photo) every serial number on everything you ever send out. And/or put an invisible mark (crimestoppers' ink pen thingy) on parts/items.

I've been using eBay since before the days of .co.uk.

The 'best' memory was probably bidding (from the UK) on a Vectrex in Brussels, with the auction ending on a Friday morning, and arranging with the seller to collect in person the day after (during my travels, as I had previously booked to go from Hull (> Zeebrugge) to France via Brussels anyway)...high-level logistics indeed :D

Ah yeah - the Vectrex was exactly as described (excellent condition and p.w.o), I sniped it for about €50 and sold it on a couple of years later for over £150 :twisted:

i once bought a pair of evisu jeans off a car boot stall, 30p i paid for them, they didnt fit so i put them on ebay, 99p start and going up! the bidding ended at 63 pound something pence, i was very please!

then i once sold a sky box, it was a hd 3d one, bids ended at around 70 pounds, the winner was a asian lad (not that makes any difference) but anyway, he emailed me to ask if he can collect as he needed it asap, i said yes of course, he came, knocked on the door and said ive come for the sky box... 20 pounds was it? i said no 70! he gabbled on abit and pick the sky box up from the settee and gave me 20 pounds, i asked him to put the box down and leave unless he gave me the full amount, his last words was, im not asking you iam telling you, its 20 pounds! then he left! i was on my own and very upset, i phoned the police but they couldnt do anything. needless to say i will never allow collection anymore!

i once sold a mobile phone on ebay the buyer said they never recieved it and opened a case against me.the phone was sent to him somewhere in scotland i took the old sim out.next thing i knew i am getting strange phone calls to my home and even my friends received phone calls from a woman saying she had found the phone on a train in a package,i kept telling her to return to me as i was the seller and i would return to the rightful owner but nothing materialised.the phone must have stored some information automatically.it has bugged me what really happened.:)

I didn't think the computer add-on had ever been released? :huh:

I thought they had released it, though I may be wrong (I certainly remember reading the press releases).

Found a pic from a scanned mag article here.

i bought 2 lagy gaga tickets off ebay, and paid a deposit. the guy said he would meet us outside the arena. we texted him before with our contact details etc and rang him when we got there. he answered and said he would be 5 minutes, we kept waiting but he didnt turn up. we waited over an hour and all our calls were going unanswered.

i left negative feedback that night say its was a con etc. managed to get hold of him the next day and he said he has sold more tickets than he had and he was trying to buy tickets off touts outide but couldnt get any.

got a refund for the deposit but i was so upset, if he had just said the first time we rang that he didnt have the tickets we could have purchased different ones.

then about a month later i get an email from him saying that if i didnt remove my negative feedback he was going to sue me!!! told him where to shove it as i had proof he had sold more than he owned.

recently i sold a large china tea set to someone in ireland. wrapped the lot up in big bubble wrap, its was really jammed with bubble wrap. the tea pot was in the middlle of the box with the tea cups & saucers round the outside. had to send it by courier as they lived in the middle of no where which cost me more than they paid in postage.

got an email about a week later saying the tea pot was broken, nothing else just the tea pot. i asked for a pic and she sent me a video and its in about 5 pieces with the bottom completely detatched from it. blatently dropped the thing as nothing else inthe box was broken and its was in about 3 inches of bubble wrap.

cant proove that though so got to refund for the tea pot.

got some pakistani guy who won my psp he came to collect it payed me the whole sum and p&p through paypal so i gave him a tenner p&p cash back when he came to collect, about 4 months later pay pal remove £175 out of my account so i check to see what the **** they think they are doing, the account holder who won the psp said that her credit card was used fraudulently, I said not my problem and cancelled the credit card attached to pay pal before they managed to debit my account. They wanted me to prove that i had the item prove i sold it all quite impossible after 4 months

I then got about 10 quite harsh phone calls a day from e bay and pay pal with quite threatening tones which every time i either hung up or told them it wasn't my problem turned out the credit card company had to pay for it and for about 4 months after the dept collectors rang me ended up complaining and get my sellers fee back

now i do everything i can to **** bay like outside offers to avoid final value fees i never ever use pay pal how they can just debit your account is crazy if i had noticed it a day later they would have had it from my credit card and i would have never seen that again

The worst I had was a women in Italy, bidding on my phone. It was locked to orange, and as a Nokia BB%, it could not be unlocked. I kept cancelling the bids and telling her it wouldn't work in Italy (I had forgotten to change my 'post to locations' at the time of listing). She kept messaging asking what is the Italian equivalent of Orange, I told her I didn't know, but IT WOULD NOT WORK ANYWAY. She managed to get a last second bid in to win the phone. So, I sent tit to Italy, and then 2 weeks later, I get a message saying I had sent an empty box. She had been to pick it up, and although the packaging was perfect, she had opened it and there was nothing inside! Clearly, it didn't work, just like I said. She opened a PayPal dispute, and the £85 came out of my PayPal account. I gave up at that point, BUT they asked her to file a police report. The case then got closed in my favour, as 'the police report filed was invalid'. I got my money back. Alls well that ends well.

I also had a woman saying she hadn't received her item (it was only a 99p phone case). She had different addresses in ebay and PayPal, so as advised, I sent to the PayPal registered address. When she said she hadn't received it, I checked her address, and she said it was correct, so I sent her another. Then I got another item not received message a few days later. She said "can you confirm you sent it to 45 **** road". No I did not send it there, as this was a different address to BOTH her eBay and PayPal addresses! How the hell do you send to an address you have never been given?? I refused to resend anything to her, and she opened an eBay case, and even when I showed them that message and the previous one confirming her PayPal address, they still gave her her bloody money back, idiots.

Archived