CD for introducing baby in the womb to music

There are a few things on the market, ebay has it's share (!) usually, but to be honest, I think just sticking on a few classical CDs will do the job - supposed to help with all sorts of things, maths included, apparently!

Oh, and congratulations. It's great being an Uncle.:)

I just found a sound system. OK it is over a hundred quid but this is my sister. But then again no, it is for mp3s and she is not very much into computers. I wish there were just headphones for the bump if that makes sense.

Thanks Darth Vader! Any tips would be appreciated. I need to send her a weekly parcel to show her love.

I just found a sound system. OK it is over a hundred quid but this is my sister. But then again no, it is for mp3s and she is not very much into computers. I wish there were just headphones for the bump if that makes sense.

Thanks Darth Vader! Any tips would be appreciated. I need to send her a weekly parcel to show her love.

You might want to forget about the music for now and get her a "wedge pillow" for her belly and also a "V-Pillow" to get comfier in bed at night. She will love you more for this :thumbsup:

I sent my pregnant sister one of these;

http://www.only4mummy.co.uk/productdetail.php?product_id=250

It went down well, and is something your sister could use afterwards as well (my sister uses it with the baby and apparently it works)

If I was a teeny weeny baby in a womb, the last thing I'd want is a bloody Mexican Bola (with faux suede strap) jangling incessantly in my newly forming (tinnitus free) ears, thank you very much.

What next ... umbilically fed KFC nugget bones!?

Great way to come into the world ... tinnitus and chicken bones stuck in your throat, shortly followed by being hung upside down by the legs and given a damn good belting! :rolleyes:

The little one will be listening to all sorts of things, from next door having a row to the Coronation Street theme, so they won't only listen to whatever special CD has been bought for them.

The chances are that the baby will be calm with whatever mummy is calmest and happiest with, which in my niece's case was Radiohead- OK Computer and Beethoven's 9th Symphony, which is what my sister had in the car to chill out to on the way home from work in the evening.

When she was born we tried all sorts of calming things and she screamed to them all, but Paranoid Android could make her nod off in moments.

If I was a teeny weeny baby in a womb, the last thing I'd want is a bloody Mexican Bola (with faux suede strap) jangling incessantly in my newly forming (tinnitus free) ears, thank you very much.

What next ... umbilically fed KFC nugget bones!?

Great way to come into the world ... tinnitus and chicken bones stuck in your throat, shortly followed by being hung upside down by the legs and given a damn good belting! :rolleyes:

Ha! Fair enough. Pregnancy/babies really not my area of interest, but it was what the expectant mother wanted so I bought it for her - I'm completely not the person to judge/defend her choice as I find the whole business of babies a bit dreary, to be honest, but thought that the information might be of interest to the OP. (Glad you noticed that my purchase was a faux strap rather than real dead cow, though. I do have ethical standards)

Archived