CD for introducing baby in the womb to music

I am sure I heard something about this. Can anyone advise on a name?

By the way I AM GOING TO BE AN UNCLE! :D:D:D

Just play it good music - you don't need to buy anything 'specially for unborn babies'. That's daft.

I'd recommend a bit of intelligent indie folk, some Floyd (Got to be 'Darkside' really), some nice choral stuff, bit of jazz maybe.

Avoid metal, any genres with the word 'core' in their names and anything from the late eighties.

The little one will be listening to all sorts of things, from next door having a row to the Coronation Street theme, so they won't only listen to whatever special CD has been bought for them.

The chances are that the baby will be calm with whatever mummy is calmest and happiest with, which in my niece's case was Radiohead- OK Computer and Beethoven's 9th Symphony, which is what my sister had in the car to chill out to on the way home from work in the evening.

When she was born we tried all sorts of calming things and she screamed to them all, but Paranoid Android could make her nod off in moments.

We had a similar thing with our first, but it was Sinead O' Connor's 'I do not want what I haven't got' album that did the trick. Beautiful record that.

Just play it good music - you don't need to buy anything 'specially for unborn babies'. That's daft.

I'd recommend a bit of intelligent indie folk, some Floyd (Got to be 'Darkside' really), some nice choral stuff, bit of jazz maybe.

Avoid metal, any genres with the word 'core' in their names and anything from the late eighties.

Oh come on, there was some good music around in the late eighties.

You might want to forget about the music for now and get her a "wedge pillow" for her belly and also a "V-Pillow" to get comfier in bed at night. She will love you more for this :thumbsup:

Wedge pillow is the greatest invention when your getting bigger by the day and requiring more room. It's been a life saver so far. As for classical music try music for babies by classic fm.

I am sure I heard something about this. Can anyone advise on a name?

By the way I AM GOING TO BE AN UNCLE! :D:D:D

Congratulations on Uncle status :)

In utero baby will just listen to whatever is playing on the existing stereo, no need to buy a new unit - classical is deemed to be good as I remember, then again I seem to remember our unborn baby listened to The Stroke first album frequently, and he's turned out to be loving, affectionate, generous and considerate :cool:

Enjoy being an Uncle!

OK.....who can remember being in the womb, never mind what music was played?

I can't remember anything prior to aged about five.

Save your money.

Just because you can't remember something, it doesn't necessarily mean it didn't have a beneficial effect on you :)

Just because you can't remember something, it doesn't necessarily mean it didn't have a beneficial effect on you :)

Agreed.

But is there any serious studies to prove otherwise?

If "new to be parents" feel the need to buy CD's for the unborn, good luck to them.

I just feel commercial companies are taking advantage.

To the OP....congrats on the "Uncle" status.

Archived