CD for introducing baby in the womb to music

Congratulations! When I was pregnant I constantly was listening to / singing along to the maroon 5 album (songs about Jane I think...)

When my son was born and later on in life, he knows the music and one song in particular would really calm him. If it was on in the car he would be sat really chilled out listening. I don't think you need a particular kind of music as what ever makes you happy will probably do the same for the baby. But I do think it's a lovely idea x

Agreed.

But is there any serious studies to prove otherwise?

If "new to be parents" feel the need to buy CD's for the unborn, good luck to them.

I just feel commercial companies are taking advantage.

To the OP....congrats on the "Uncle" status.

Leicester University did some research on it, briefly covered here in this ten year old BBC News item, but yes you're right, the commercial companies will try to capitalise on this rather than being happy with you slapping your old CDs into your old CD player :(

Got to be 'Darkside' really

No, no, no, no. It's got to be Ummagumma.

Avoid metal .. anything from the late eighties.

I'd avoid anything from the late 80s onwards.

Oh come on, there was some good music around in the late eighties.

You call that 'good music'? Makes me wonder what you call rubbish music.

This undoubtedly explains his strange and voracious appetite.

Does he eat people?:hihi:

I sent my pregnant sister one of these;

http://www.only4mummy.co.uk/productdetail.php?product_id=250

It went down well, and is something your sister could use afterwards as well (my sister uses it with the baby and apparently it works)

Thanks for this.

I have sent her something where she can listen to the baby's heart beat and record her own to calm the baby when (s)he is born. That can be used at the stage she is at now, 14 weeks. I am sending her that sound system when I am paid and she will be at 16 weeks, round about the time reactive hearing occurs... and this little cutie says for use at about 20 weeks and I will be going home to see her 'round about then! Thanks for the tip! And cool that it can be used when the baby is born as well. Oh wow, who knows? The 'baby' might be wearing it as a charm is twenty years plus time!

Leicester University did some research on it, briefly covered here in this ten year old BBC News item, but yes you're right, the commercial companies will try to capitalise on this rather than being happy with you slapping your old CDs into your old CD player :(

I checked and I am delighted to say it can be used with a CD player. I will buy her a CD walkman and loads of batteries in case! But I know she would never use it if it were mp3 as she hates computers.

Thanks a lot for the link.

Archived