How disgusting is it possible to get?

We should do something totally different and have an arms for aid exchange scheme. That way we disarm and save life's,.

Almost a good idea apart from the fact that they'll cash their old weapons in and use the money to buy shiny bright new ones which are more efficient I suppose..

Almost a good idea apart from the fact that they'll cash their old weapons in and use the money to buy shiny bright new ones which are more efficient I suppose..

And the ones in need of aid aren't the ones with weapons. I'd bet the likes of Al-Shabab all feed pretty well while the rest starve.

Any weapons shiny or not still kill, and I did not for one moment mean we pay them in anyway, just that we should give them aid.

If this Al Shabab bloke is now giving consent to aid then you can bet this signifies that even they are struggling and feeling the effects of famine or at the least fear it. He will be granting the safe passage of aid for the same reason all these tyrants do, to syphon it of for his own purposes. Control of the food and you control the people, the very reason he probably feared and opposed it in the first place.

What Im saying is that this man needs it, the people need it, so either we feed the people with armed accompaniment or we bring them in for talks and trade for the aid.

The days of us just giving with no checks and controls should now end. We have not got the resources to do it in the old way where corruption took its percentage at the expense of our good will, our kindness just gets seen as a weakness and I don't think our charitable nature should have no boundaries, offering to give aid to people who are willing to tow the line should be enough to satisfy our consciences.

This all may sound like an harsh stance to take but people will soon get the message that it is better to get on and live than be stubborn and die, regardless of warped misconceived religious views from radicals extremists they will accept that grain and medicine is more use than the AK47.

Archived