Boycott the companies who advertise in News of the World

What do you mean? Are you suggesting someone forced the NOTW into spying on dead children and the relatives of dead soldiers?

Not at all. But there again not everyone at the NOTW was involved and many good honest working folk will be loosing their jobs whilst only a very few are guilty of everything. Had the law brought the guilty to account justice would have been done, but because of campaigns to boycott advertisers and a general attack on anything to do with the company Murdoch reacted in the predictable manner.

It won't be any skin off his nose and it won't bring any extra hardship to the guilty, but it sure as hell makes sure that the innocent suffer as well. Still I'm sure their union will provide for them.

The real question is this: Who exactly are they trying to protect? Yesterday it looked like they were trying to throw Andy Coulson to the wolves, yet that wasn't enough. Today they've thrown the whole paper to the wolves, yet Rebekah Brooks keeps her job. They could probably have made this all go away by sacking her, apologising and promising it would never happen again. So why are they so keen to protect her? What exactly does she know?

I have just been saying the same thing to my brother. There must be a reason Murdoch is willing to throw away an entire news paper and it's staff yet keep Brooks. It's all a bit suspect to me.

Archived