Boycott the companies who advertise in News of the World

And they let people with comments like this be Admin then?.

So the people that buy the NoTW this week have no decency?!?!.:rant:

No they don't really. But never mind, you won't be able to buy it after this weekend.

Also those that put him up to it.

Yeah, I agree, that's not going to happen though, they're all pointing to the single scapegoat.

The notion that the editor(s) didn't know where this info came from & didn't authorise these "hacks" seems hard to believe. They've been doing it for decades. I would imagine it was considered par for the course, until they got caught.

I'd say the reason the NotW is closing is to try to draw a line under it so it doesn't effect their other interests such as Sky, the Times and the rest of the media empire.

So where did they think the stories were coming from?

And if they didn't know, why not? Part of the responsibility of running a company is taking responsibility for what your staff are doing.

They are not stupid but they are arrogant, and they thought they were powerful enough to get away with it. They thought they could buy favours from the police by paying bribes and from politicians by supporting their campaigns. Now the whole house of cards is falling down.

If you bought the News of the World during this period, the money you paid went towards the cost of hiring a private detective to hack into a dead girl's mobile phone. If you continue to buy the News of the World I think you're saying you think that kind of think is OK. Surely nobody with an ounce of decency would buy this paper now?

I've felt like that for a long time about it - it amazes me how little responsibility the purchasers take in these cases. If people didn't buy it and read it, it wouldn't be a viable business model

I was watching the news last night and wondering how much circulation damage has been done in the last couple of weeks, considering the sun has lost more revenue through the damage it did over Hillsborough than any court case it's ever had to pay out on

We just need Heat Magazine to disappear now :P

The notion that the editor(s) didn't know where this info came from & didn't authorise these "hacks" seems hard to believe. They've been doing it for decades. I would imagine it was considered par for the course, until they got caught.
They've found authorising signatures on paperwork... they just need to figure out what those signatures actually authorised now

That's not how to deal with criminal offences, is it now?

well the police seem to be taking back handers.....so why not...you cannot rely on the judges....this will effect the ordinary man in the street....so he deserves a slap

Archived