Car insurance has anyone elses gone up ridiculously high !!

I haven't had my renewal quote yet but I read some report from Which? (I think) that was saying the avergae increase is 40% so would not suprise me. I have searched for the cheapest for each of the last two years online but found the vcheapest has been by walking into a Swinton office.

I read that its better to ring independant insurance companys as the best deals are not always on comparison sites,we tried the comparison sites and guess what our current insurance company came up cheapest!!!!!!

I used to be with independants but they couldn't match my comparison quote (for the same cover) the last two years. I always spend far too long shopping around but i have noticed the same company is not always the best price if you are asking about different cars. I always check the insurance prices before I change my car. I don't like paying a lot of money for insurance.

We've been with the same insurance company for a few years now only went up about £3 for the year this year never seen em on any comparison site either

Pity they dont do Vans as my sons has jumped up nearly £20 a month

Shop around - I had been with Churchill for 5 years, have 7 years no claims and the quote they gave this time was £245 more than last year - I called LV whose quote was only £95 more than i paid last year. same excess similar cover. I called Churchill back ask them if they wanted to re-quote to keep my business did they say "OH YES" as in the adverts..... did they heck. I am now with LV

I read that its better to ring independant insurance companys as the best deals are not always on comparison sites,we tried the comparison sites and guess what our current insurance company came up cheapest!!!!!!

Same here, the comparison sites don't work (IMV), and open you up to spam and cold callers. Never again.

Archived