Excessive Northernness

Two children were placed in foster care because a social worker feared they would "not adapt to northern culture" in Yorkshire, a relative said.

When the brother and sister from Hampshire were removed from their parents, an aunt from Huddersfield wanted to look after them.

But they were put into care after a social worker "feared their southern accents would leave them isolated"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14045195

IT really does make you wonder why they thought this was a good idea. I mean what did they think we did up here to young kids? Or do they think that the Yorkshiremen sketch is real?

Two children were placed in foster care because a social worker feared they would "not adapt to northern culture" in Yorkshire, a relative said.

When the brother and sister from Hampshire were removed from their parents, an aunt from Huddersfield wanted to look after them.

But they were put into care after a social worker "feared their southern accents would leave them isolated"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14045195

IT really does make you wonder why they thought this was a good idea. I mean what did they think we did up here to young kids? Or do they think that the Yorkshiremen sketch is real?

Is Huddersfield considered as being in South or West Yorkshire? If the latter I think the social workers concerns were well founded, there are no forms of abuse that the social worker could contemplate and a lifetime of suffering nosebleeds due to living in close proximity to Leeds would be an unnecessary risk to take with these poor children.

Archived