Will adding antifreeze make my car blow colder air?

Is it blowing warm air when the setting's on cold?

If so I think some of the Fiesta's suffer with a fault on the matrix flow control valve (not 100% sure, I know the Ford Ka's do). Might be worth getting someone to have a quick look at it.

Is it blowing warm air when the setting's on cold?

If so I think some of the Fiesta's suffer with a fault on the matrix flow control valve (not 100% sure, I know the Ford Ka's do). Might be worth getting someone to have a quick look at it.

Yes it does. It is warm (on cold) but it will blow hot if I select it, but will not blow as cool as it used to, so perhaps it is a fault.

The car blower: is it recirculatinmg the air within the car, or blowing in fresh air from outside?

No idea lol

This is the recirculating symbol - if this is on it just keeps recirculating the same air around the car :gag:

There's another setting to allow air in from the outside.

During this warm time I was wondering if adding more antifreeze to the coolant system will help the air blowers blow colder?

My car currently has pink coolant which has not been changed for at least 2 years!

under the dash board there is a water valve that regulates the water coming into the heater unit,its not uncommon on some cars for this valve to seize up so the flow of hot water is still going through the heater unit even when you have switched the heater control to cold,also the heater control switch can brake inside thus not turning the valve off,hope that clears things up for you.

Archived