An aspirin a day

Do you take one to hopefully prevent a heart attack or thrombosis?

If you do, is it prescribed or do you take one for just in case?

Do you consider it safe? or are you taking the risk of any other side effect, in hope of preventing a heart attack?

Research varies as to the benefits of taking Aspirin 75mgs daily to prevent a heart attack.

I would recommend that anyone thinking of self medicating Aspirin should first consult their GP.

Research varies as to the benefits of taking Aspirin 75mgs daily to prevent a heart attack.

I would recommend that anyone thinking of self medicating Aspirin should first consult their GP.

I would agree with that.....I understand it's only recommended following actual heart problems.

I take other NSAIDs on prescription, so it would not be safe for me to take aspirin as well. I also have very low risk factors for heart problems, so I wouldn't take medication with potential side effects like gastric bleeding with risks as low as I have.

Anyone with a proven or suspected heart condition will usually be recommended to take Aspirin 75mgs daily or Clopidogrel 75mgs if there is an intolerance to Aspirin. The two drugs are called 'anti platelet' drugs and work by making the blood less sticky rather than thinning the blood.

Anyone with a proven or suspected heart condition will usually be recommended to take Aspirin 75mgs daily or Clopidogrel 75mgs if there is an intolerance to Aspirin. The two drugs are called 'anti platelet' drugs and work by making the blood less sticky rather than thinning the blood.

I have two 75mgs a day.

I dont have a heart problem or any other medical condition but I still take one low dose coated aspirin a day (81 mg).

The only hazard is a chance of internal bleeding. Also if undergoing surgery stop taking the asprin approx two weeks beforehand.

Archived