Has anyone had to drink "klean prep" before an endoscopy?

The pill cam is far less invasive than the other way they should just drink it and get on with stop whinging lolol

The pill itself yes but I find the whole before process long winded.

5 days of no fruit and veg and not much else really, and sunday nothing at all!!

For an emetophobic, the potential to vomit is worrying to say the least.

The pill itself yes but I find the whole before process long winded.

5 days of no fruit and veg and not much else really, and sunday nothing at all!!

For an emetophobic, the potential to vomit is worrying to say the least.

Then dont have it simple .......

yes its horrible

i mixed mine with some dilute orange

it made it taste slightly better

i did manage to drink the four pints

but it took some forcing down

and it did not make me puke

yes its horrible

i mixed mine with some dilute orange

it made it taste slightly better

i did manage to drink the four pints

but it took some forcing down

and it did not make me puke

Thanks (I think!) for your honesty.:help:

If you read most forums googling "klean prep", 99% of folk seem to have brought it back up!
Everyone i know it has made them ill.Ive had it twice first time had it changed to another one i was ok with that so second time round ask for alternative one again.Omg head banging sick was so ill was off my feet for 3 days.Due another errr no way they can take a hike.

I need it far too much- years of illness.

Focus on the benefits Sony, and don't let your fear overwhelm you as it's not real.

You'll be fine as others have said it isn't that bad and in quick time they'll be able to offer you a diagnosis and treat your condition so you can get on with your life! :)

I have just received my supply of "Klean Prep" in readiness for my colonoscopy at the end of the month. Not looking forward to it at all, and I have heard the stuff is disgusting. I thought it might taste better with lime juice cordial, as they suggest in the instructions, as it might take some of the sweetness away, apparently it is so sweet and sickly.

I had a barium enema a few years ago, and had to something to make me "go", but it was in tablet form and a lot easier to swallow. Whether they have changed the drug, or whether its different for different procedures, i don't know.

good luck!

Archived