Has anyone had to drink "klean prep" before an endoscopy?

I have had it for a colonoscopy and the stuff tastes nasty but it sure cleans you out I suggest having plenty of loo roll spare.

The colonoscopy was by far the worse pain and procedure I have ever felt so I feel for anyone who has to have one. I was in such pain for mine that I had to be given morphine and it took 2 hours never again.

I've got to drink nearly 4 pints of the stuff in a couple of hours. Same again the next morning at the hospital.

Although I know it's not pleasant, how did you go on?:gag:

Only thing that's reduced me to tears in - well - since I was about 6. I try to avoid all chemicals and I hate salt, and the salty ultra disgusting chemical nature of that vile crap was an ordeal I thought I'd never get through. I cannot describe how unbearably disgusting the stuff is. And it wouldn't be so bad if it was just a glass, but the sachets make about 2 liters each... :gag:

In the end, I managed to drink three of the sachets and that was enough. I diluted it with about 3 bottles of Vimto and just glugged it down.

But it was, without a doubt, the hardest thing I've ever done. Absolutely disgusting...

You have my sincerest thoughts for having to drink the stuff.

The colonoscopy was by far the worse pain and procedure I have ever felt so I feel for anyone who has to have one. I was in such pain for mine that I had to be given morphine and it took 2 hours never again.

I would suffer a thousand colonoscopies over drinking any Klean Prep again. Two thousand!!!

I have had it for a colonoscopy and the stuff tastes nasty but it sure cleans you out I suggest having plenty of loo roll spare.

Are you sure doc wasnt p***** up

Are you sure doc wasnt p***** up

Doctors dont do them they are done by experienced nurses but after complications they had to call a consultant who then twisted my back one way and the legs the other way and that was the start of my sciatica.

Doctors dont do them they are done by experienced nurses but after complications they had to call a consultant who then twisted my back one way and the legs the other way and that was the start of my sciatica.
Oh dear dont think mine took anywere near a hour with surgical removal at time never fault a thing thats why i said was he p*****dup lol.Im due another but know way they giving me clean prep they can sod off.Know how you feal with sciatica sod aint it.

its disgusting, had a colonoscopy about 10 years ago for a polyp .............one of the worse experiences of my life, I had a sore bottom for days and an horrendous dose of piles afterwards :gag::gag::gag:

good luck :)

Think I'm definitely not going to bother. Just sounds far too bad.:(

Can I just say there's nowt to a colonoscopy; it only takes 10 mins and you get to watch your internal organs on a widescreen tv - fascinating!

The key to the process is relaxing, but it's really not horrific; in fact, if you just chill, it's really not bad at all. Honestly, the Klean Prep really is the worst part.

:)

Honestly, the Klean Prep really is the worst part.

:)

This is precisely what I'm worried about, not the other bit. Crazy to have to worry about the pre investigation bit rather than the day at the hospital itself!

This is precisely what I'm worried about, not the other bit. Crazy to have to worry about the pre investigation bit rather than the day at the hospital itself!

Yep. There are no words to describe how utterly foul it is...

However, they CAN prescribe you another lemony and not awful product. Mother had it last time...

I think they just do it 'cos they're evil!

My advice: go and see if they can give you an alternative... The one Mother had was only one sachet that made one glass of liquid.

Archived