Has anyone had to drink "klean prep" before an endoscopy?

• 2 years later...

I'm drinking my third litre of this stuff now!! I had two litres this morning which I managed to get down by just holding my nose and knocking it back but it took half an hour to down two pints of it. DISGUSTING!!!!!!! Was so glad to see the last gulp go down.

Now, I need to tank another two litres. I only managed one gulp and puked it back up again, so Googled it and found the lemonade suggestion. Nice one!! So, so, so much better with a can of lemonade. Means I need to drink twice the amount but it's not making me puke now.

Just got back from my endoscopy and it's a breeze compared to drinking that stuff. Even the nurses were saying that in this day and age you'd think they could come up with a better, more palatable solution.

Good news, endoscopy was all clear!!

Good to hear you had the all clear. I had the same result and it's a great relief, worth drinking that foul stuff for!

Archived