Drinking water abroad

It depends what country you are in and what hotel. The big international hotel groups will have their own water treatment plants in countries where the water is unsafe to drink, but often it tastes far too chlorinated.

I imagine the water in the Canaries is safe to drink.

It depends what country you are in and what hotel. The big international hotel groups will have their own water treatment plants in countries where the water is unsafe to drink, but often it tastes far too chlorinated.

I imagine the water in the Canaries is safe to drink.

They quite cleverly catch rain water (whatever there is of it) and cloud water from pine trees planted high in the hills, they also have desalination plants. I always have a jug in the fridge, because it's always warmish straight out of the cold tap.

Even though we were staying in a 4 star hotel there was no kettle provided in our room.

so what. Just bring your own kettle or buy one there from a hardware store there. I have a travel kettle I bring with me everywhere I go.

Canaries, you won't have to worry about tap water. Even in developing countries where it is an issue, as long as water is boiled throughly it's OK to drink tea or coffee with it.

so what. Just bring your own kettle or buy one there from a hardware store there. I have a travel kettle I bring with me everywhere I go.

Canaries, you won't have to worry about tap water. Even in developing countries where it is an issue, as long as water is boiled throughly it's OK to drink tea or coffee with it.

In future we will take one but expected a kettle to be standard equipment in an hotel room.

it's true I would normally expect a 4* hotel to have a kettle. I bring my own sachets of tea/coffee as well. They never seem to provide enough, and if you don't bring your own you're always on at them to give you some more.

it's true I would normally expect a 4* hotel to have a kettle. I bring my own sachets of tea/coffee as well. They never seem to provide enough, and if you don't bring your own you're always on at them to give you some more.

For the first time ever my wife had taken satchets of tea and coffee and then there was no kettle !!!!!

One other point , it cost 13 Euros for the hire of the room safe and 13 Euros for the use of the room fridge, neither refundable.

Archived