Ex Cameron man Coulson, to be arrested tomorrow

Not that I am claiming you are biased but I believe she was mates with tony and cherie!

Indeed, if I recall, the previous government had quite a few "questionable" friends that were embroiled in morally dubious acts aswell.

I can't see how Cameron can be blamed for simply having a friend who turns out to be a bit dishonest.

If I had a mate who unbeknown to me, went out burgling people's houses, it wouldn't mean I was a burglar too would it?

And besides, if Coulson was that close to the Tory party, why were many tory ministers said to have had their phones hacked as well?

I can't see how Cameron can be blamed for simply having a friend who turns out to be a bit dishonest.

If I had a mate who unbeknown to me, went out burgling people's houses, it wouldn't mean I was a burglar too would it?

And besides, if Coulson was that close to the Tory party, why were many tory ministers said to have had their phones hacked as well?

Read my link in post 18 on this thread by Peter Oborne of The Daily Telegraph. Paragraph 9.

"The Prime Minister cannot claim in defence that he was naively drawn in to this lethal circle. He was warned – many times. Shortly before the last election he was explicitly told about the company he was keeping. Alan Rusbridger – editor of The Guardian newspaper, which has performed such a wonderful service to public decency by bringing to light the shattering depravity of Mr Murdoch’s newspaper empire – went to meet one of Mr Cameron’s closest advisers shortly before the last election. He briefed this adviser very carefully about Mr Coulson, telling him many troubling pieces of information that could not then be put into the public domain.

Mr Rusbridger then went to see Nick Clegg, now the deputy prime minister. So Mr Cameron and Mr Clegg – the Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister – knew all about Mr Coulson before last May’s coalition negotiations. And yet they both paid no attention and went on to make him the Downing Street director of communications, an indiscretion that beggars belief".

Doesn't say much about Camerons judgement of character though does it?

I agree with what you say about Camerons pal Rebekah Brooks though, I would have thought working for a company like NI must be like working for the mafia, when the topdogs know everything about everything, in which case it doesn't seem plausible that she was as far removed as she claims.

you are either saying one of two things here:

one, that cameron knew all about it and chose to ignore it. something that there is not one piece of evidence to back up and contrary to camoerons own assertions that he knew nothing about it.

or

two, you are some kind of super human who can see through any lie.

neither of which are plausible. the only certainty is, is that you hate the tories, which is fair enough, but you need to have a better argument than this.

To see the police carrying out computers etc from Coulson house is insulting to the intelligence of everyone in this country, are we to believe that he has not got rid of any paper copies and hard drives that may incriminate him. Just to make sure that he was able to do this thoroughly they allowed him an additional 24 hours grace before having to present himself for arrest.

Indeed, if I recall, the previous government had quite a few "questionable" friends that were embroiled in morally dubious acts aswell.

Though the current government was elected on a "clean up politics ticket" following the fraudulent expenses claims.

Of all the groups of people that have been labelled as scum on SF, the term is more fittingly applied to all politicians.

Archived