"I Love You Will You Marry Me?" - Park Hill

He/she is right mate. My mother lived on there when she split from my dad back in the mid 80's and it was deffo there then. Just listening to the radio playback now.

[edit] Just as i posted it went on to the email part about Clair Middleton. While the name part may be about this poor woman, the 'will you marry me' part was done a long time before it. Clair Middleton would not have been born when it was originally done.

...thanks mate , finally someone is listening !

But the lad Jason in the radio programme insists he did it, why would he lie. ?

....because i hav'nt told the true story as i didnt know anyone was interested , plus ive had fun listening to all the BS going on , so left them to it !!!:hihi:!

This Jason fella i telling blatant lies! :o

There is no way he wrote it in 2001. I saw it every day for months back in the mid 80's. Blaming the fading of the two separate parts on not shaking his aerosol can is cringe worthy.

....because i hav'nt told the true story as i didnt know anyone was interested , plus ive had fun listening to all the BS going on , so left them to it !!!:hihi:!

numerous people have asked you to share what you know about this story but yet again you havent so yes of course that makes people suspicious that indeed you arnt telling the truth that you know everything about it!!

Go on then, i'm gripped.

I may also believe your version then too. :hihi:

...dont want to disappoint , but i must seek proffesional advice first, as i may have to prove in court ect - which i am prepared to do - if this thing gets much bigger ! ;)

As for the Jason / Claire story , yes i agree he may have wrote HER name - BUT THAT IS ALL !!!!:suspect:

...dont want to disappoint , but i must seek proffesional advice first, as i may have to prove in court ect - which i am prepared to do - if this thing gets much bigger ! ;)

As for the Jason / Claire story , yes i agree he may have wrote HER name - BUT THAT IS ALL !!!!:suspect:

Ah, your full of it.

numerous people have asked you to share what you know about this story but yet again you havent so yes of course that makes people suspicious that indeed you arnt telling the truth that you know everything about it!!

...I have been on this site for years , never told a lie or caused trouble , and love the memories and history of my beloved Sheffield .

I know all about this story as i have lived with the woman - yes woman! - who did it, for the past 31 years , and have been told the story thousands of times , as you can imagine !!!

I never knew anybody was interested in the slogan till it was put up into neon a few months ago .

This is why i am annoyed at all the BS coming out of all the "claiments" who are now showing their faces after no true story has come out ! - even the long-standing caretaker has got it wrong !!!!:hihi: