"I Love You Will You Marry Me?" - Park Hill

The brickwork looked good but faded and got dirty over time the multicoloured panels look great to me and I'm told will retain the colour better. However the next stage is going to retain more of the brickwork, the cynic in me says they are doing that for cost purposes but who knows they have dressed their reasoning up in rather pretenious Architectural language.

As for cleaning the graffiti the concrete was cleaned and coated for preservation across the whole first phase of the site. This is probably why the original graffiti is even more faded than it was before.

I think reality has hit Urban Splash ,cheaper to keep the brickwork and dress it up as retro.

Are there any images of how phase 2 is going to look?

There's a video on the website but it doesn't show much.

So far they have only released the concept art which won the phase 2 architects the contract:

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/pictures/420x280fitpad%5B31%5D/5/6/4/3011564_Park-Hill-Phase-II-Mikhail-Riches-model-2.jpg

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/pictures/980x653fitpad%5B31%5D/5/6/5/3011565_Park-Hill-Phase-II-Mikhail-Riches-model.jpg

Who knows could be pink!

• 7 years later...

Well.... To update this page...

After numerous years of battle I can finally say that not only is Clare's Plaque & Plinth in place and that she finally has her recognition from all of this, that we now also have 3 finger post signs directing to both the bridge and her Plinth.

That the graffiti has been used in The west end show "Standing at the Sky's Edge" and hopefully, if the show continues, that they will incorporate a little more about the story and highlight Clare a little more....

Jason

• Like 2