Catch a rapist on the run and bail him

Why ? - what kind of justice would that be ? - Pakistan is a failed state; a state where the rich can get away with any crime they commit, and the poor have to suffer their consequences.

Sickening.

Whilst I couldn't possibly champion Pakistan's record on human rights, if this individual comes to grief it will be a delicious case of schadenfreude ;)

Again, people seem to think he'll be subject to some sort of punishment over there.

Why do you think this ?

I'm not bothered about what comes of him over there-as long as he ain't over here!

:thumbsup:

Indeed, he's become somebody else's problem.

But does not that attitude mean that we excuse him for when he was our problem ?

Its a strange notion to think that justice can be served by moving the offender on.

It certainly is.

Why ? - what kind of justice would that be ? - Pakistan is a failed state; a state where the rich can get away with any crime they commit, and the poor have to suffer their consequences.

Sickening.

With £5000 to his name will a life in Pakistan be better than a soft UK prison where he is given good food, entertainment shelter and medical care at a cost of £300,000 for his stay.

But does not that attitude mean that we excuse him for when he was our problem ?

Its a strange notion to think that justice can be served by moving the offender on.

Not at all, and of course it doesn't address justice for the victim. However, I wouldn't waste too much time or money pursuing him abroad, his life as a fugitive in Pakistan is unlikely to be a pleasurable one, and the added feature is that he's not at large in the UK.

Ps: I should moderate my tone as he's not been convicted of anything yet.

Not at all, and of course it doesn't address justice for the victim. However, I wouldn't waste too much time or money pursuing him abroad, his life as a fugitive in Pakistan is unlikely to be a pleasurable one, and the added feature is that he's not at large in the UK.

He has been convicted and sentenced.

Mohammed, now believed hiding in Pakistan, was jailed for six years in his absence at Leeds Crown Court.

I would not worry about it, he's never liable to be anyhow.

Hey maybe that's the new justice, maybe if we don't catch them we could do what we do with failed asylum seekers and have an amnesty ?

Maybe its time to give him the status of 'innocent' with him being so good at evading justice ?

Archived